I'm lonley no touchscreen joy

Any ideas guys. I've been trying for two weeks to make this work and I simply can't. I've got two GTX 670's in SLI running surround on three monitors ... that works fine.

Added a 4th monitor (HP L2206tm touchscreen) tried display port, usb, and DVI connection and no matter what I do can't get the touchscreen to work. The Monitor works but not touch. Running Window 7 Pro 64bit and I don't have tablet PC in control panel, system screen shows no touch or pen monitor installed. I simply don't know what else to try or do to get the touchscreen working, I know many here are using a setup like this so wondering how you connected it and what you did to make it work?

Thanks

- Rick

Things I've tried

- Connected the touch screen using both display port and upstream adapter

- windows features - turn off reboot and turn back on tablet pc features

- run troubleshooter on monitor devices

- Install driver monitors

- Run monitors to various connectors on both cards

- Disable Surround and set touchscreen as primary

You don't mention a USB connection to the monitor, has that been set up?

If it has, have you set windows up to operate a touch screen monitor? You need to go into Tablet PC settings, and configure it there, then pen and touch to set the way touches and gestures are interpreted.

Then it should work in DCS as well.

This is an HP Compaq L2006tm

Hi guys I have it plugged in currently using a display port cable and also a usb cable from the upstream monitor usb connector to my usb hub. I don't have tablet PC settings in my control panel but it's showing to be an installed feature. I'm running windows 7 pro 64bit and in system it says no pen touch monitor installed. The monitor works just not the touch. Under all programs I have tablet pc input panel, but that looks like some kind of handwriting tool and I don't see anything to change settings there.

You don't mention a USB connection to the monitor, has that been set up?

If you do the above and Windows doesn't think that you have a touch screen somewhere, then there may be a problem with the monitor.

EDIT: Also try hooking it to your MB instead of a hub, though it should work fine through a hug.

When you connected the USB cable, Windows should have told you it was installing the drivers for your new device.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you do the above and Windows doesn't think that you have a touch screen somewhere, then there may be a problem with the monitor.

EDIT: Also try hooking it to your MB instead of a hub, though it should work fine through a hug.

When you connected the USB cable, Windows should have told you it was installing the drivers for your new device.

Hi thanks I've tried three different monitors and none of them work. These came form a relatives house where they were working. I just connected the usb directly to the computer instead of the hub but no change windows still says no pen or touch input available for display. Obviously, it's user error but I don't know what. I've got the upstream usb cable from the monitor to a usb in the computer. Also a display port from the monitor to the video card. taking the display port cable out gives me no picture. I'll keep playing any other ideas form anyone please chime in.

Well, one thing to not worry about is the display cable. That cable has absolutely nothing to do with the touch screen part.

I would be suspecting the USB cable at this point, as well. Also, make sure you are not connecting to a USB 3 port (some USB 2.0 hardware does not seem to like USB 3.0 ports).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I had a problem when I first set mine up. It was not the monitor it was in the configuration settings. So do not worry it is fixable.

Humm - I have Windows 7 64 and I have Tablet PC Settings in my Control Panel.

That is where you are going to need to go to get to the "Calibrate" button under Display Options.

Alternatively you can:

Clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg In the search box, type Tablet PC Input Panel, and then, in the list of results, tap Tablet PC Input Panel.

If you still get stuck in the Calibrate Area let me know and I can offer pointers that helped me.

Edited by Need-To-Know

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

I had a problem when I first set mine up. It was not the monitor it was in the configuration settings. So do not worry it is fixable.

Humm - I have Windows 7 64 and I have Tablet PC Settings in my Control Panel.

That is where you are going to need to go to get to the "Calibrate" button under Display Options.

Alternatively you can:

Clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg In the search box, type Tablet PC Input Panel, and then, in the list of results, tap Tablet PC Input Panel.

If you still get stuck in the Calibrate Area let me know and I can offer pointers that helped me.

When I start tablet pc input panel using your alternate method all that comes up is a box that looks like it's for handwriting. Looks like this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/using-the-writing-pad-and-touch-keyboard-in-tablet-pc-input-panel

The monitor has multiple connectors and I'm understanding I should be using usb. However no one sells a usb cable they are all usb to micro or some other type there is no usb to usb. I went to walmart, staples, and best buy. I have a usb transfer cable at home that when I plug in to the monitor and to the hub it bring up a usb transfer window but touch still does not work. The manual for this monitor l2206tm states the usb connector used looks like a firewire on one end and regular usb on the other. Yes I'm sure my cables are good.

Edited by rss0900

This should be the cable you need.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Hi-Speed-USB-Cable-Feet/dp/B00004Z5M1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406932212&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+upstream+cable

EDIT: At least this is what both touch screens, that I have personally hooked up, required.

Edited by cichlidfan

Ok my bad on that sorry - Try just putting Tablet PC -

Then select Tablet PC Settings

You should check http://Newegg.com for PC parts. They are fast and cheaper. My monitor has both a plug into the Video Card and an USB.

I know it is all a pain in the rear but it is nice once it all works....

Once working getting Helios and Easy Monitor Configurator is not much fun either - but the results are really nice.

4Screen.jpg

Edited by Need-To-Know
Added Picture

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

This should be the cable you need.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Hi-Speed-USB-Cable-Feet/dp/B00004Z5M1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406932212&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+upstream+cable

EDIT: At least this is what both touch screens, that I have personally hooked up, required.

Thanks that's the cable I started with when plugging in to the monitor then the PC no touchscreen. It simple enough even a dummy can do it but I can't for some reason! I think the connections are right I just don't have something enabled in Windows.

Ok my bad on that sorry - Try just putting Tablet PC -

Then select Tablet PC Settings

You should check http://Newegg.com for PC parts. They are fast and cheaper. My monitor has both a plug into the Video Card and an USB.

I know it is all a pain in the rear but it is nice once it all works....

Once working getting Helios and Easy Monitor Configurator is not much fun either - but the results are really nice.

Need to know that's the same setup I got except im using an Obutto Revolution chair. I've even got the mfd panels and am running Helios like you. I just want the touch portion of the screen to work so I can enter numbers on the cdu.

I don't have Tablet PC Settings in the control panel or programs. In fact system says there is no pen or touch monitor enabled.

OK. I wish I had more suggestions but I only played with Win 7 touch screens for a short time before switching to Win 8, so I don't recall the details.

Thank you for helping with suggestions it's much appreciated. I did make a little progress, found a post that said create a shortcut on the desktop called to %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}

When I did this it opens tablet pc settings. The touchscreen is displaying but the calibrate, reset, configure are all greyed out like it does not recognize it. At least that's some progress.

NAxpO8.jpg

Edited by rss0900

Im still looking for a product page for that model number...

Google gives me nothing, cept a link back here.

Closest match I found was a HP Compaq L2206tm (not L2006tm as you stated)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I appreciate you looking and helping me, I've managed to get to step 5 tonight. I see the tablet pc settings box now (see couple post above I added it using a shortcut, never showed up in control panel or programs). The touch display is even listed in the table pc setting but all of the options are greyed out, it's like windows does not recognize the monitor as a touchscreen. Posted a screenshot above too.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I did yes, even uninstalled the device and drive, plugged it back in did not automatically install a driver but when scanning for hardware changes in device manager it adds the monitor and the installs the driver. in Control Panel / System it still shows no pen and touch available for monitor.

I did yes, even uninstalled the device and drive, plugged it back in did not automatically install a driver but when scanning for hardware changes in device manager it adds the monitor and the installs the driver. in Control Panel / System it still shows no pen and touch available for monitor.

Wow guys I finally got it working, what a PITA. Thanks to all the help and suggestions. For whatever reason there was an order I had to plug the cables in. First power cable, then the usb, then the display port. Prior I had the display port already plugged in and then plugged in the usb. When using this order the touch function now works. Go figure.

That certainly sounds bizarre, but as long as you have a procedure that works.