BUG: NDB morse code appears not to be working

atsmith6

Hi

So don't know whether this is a bug with DCS or the Sabre. Tuning to a radio frequency seems to be playing a) two or more Morse code signals over each other and b) and same few overlapping signals regardless of the station you are tuned into. This makes it impossible to navigate by NDB as it's almost impossible to tune into the correct frequencies.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I couldn't find a bug reporting forum.

That said: The F-86F is super friggin awesome! It's simply the most satisfying jet flight model I've yet enjoyed in a sim. Please, Belsimtek, keep 'em coming! Just wonderful.

Though it would be nice if at some time during the BETA, the NBD's started playing correct Morse code... :)

Love you guys!

Yes, same here.

For kobuleti, outer NDB: -.- -, and we can hear -.- - --- ...

after takeoff, sometimes the two codes would overlap each other or just be incomplete

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

It seems to be a DCS bug. The same effect is experienced with the Huey. But there is another annoying Bug:

The beacon range is not checked and even the terrain profile has no influence on the range. DCS simply runs through a list of beacons and selects the first with the a matching frequency. But there may be other beacons closed by with the same frequency. DCS brakes off the search if the first beacon is found. As an example:

You are parked on ramp 1 at Sochi. Type can be Huey or F86F. Dial in 920.0 kHz. You receive Primorsko NDB which is 172 NM NNE of Sochi. In reality, this NDB would be far out of range. The closed by NDB of Picunda, 920.0 kHz, 24 NM SW of Sochi, is never heard. This makes a serious instrument navigation impossible. I hope, DCS hears me weeping and fixes this bug next time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2142775&postcount=5

Check the attached mission, works for me. It's just a simple example of how to set up an NDB beacon. Also, the permanent NDBs seem to work on my end at least.

EDIT: Sorry!!! I get the audio, but the permanent beacons indeed seem to play 2 or more Morse signals simultaneously.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

As an example:

You are parked on ramp 1 at Sochi. Type can be Huey or F86F. Dial in 920.0 kHz. You receive Primorsko NDB which is 172 NM NNE of Sochi. In reality, this NDB would be far out of range. The closed by NDB of Picunda, 920.0 kHz, 24 NM SW of Sochi, is never heard. This makes a serious instrument navigation impossible. I hope, DCS hears me weeping and fixes this bug next time.

Are you sure Picunda is SW of Sochi? :D

I also receive Primorsko-Achtarsk NDB (Morse Code --. .--) on 920.00 kHz.

This is strange because it is of status "BEACON_INACTIVE" in file Beacons.lua (at least in my installation):

["Приморско-Ахтарск"] = {

name = "Приморско-Ахтарск",

callsign = "ГВ",

type = BEACON_TYPE_HOMER,

status = BEACON_INACTIVE,

position = {

latitude = 46.05,

longitude = 38.2333333333333

},

frequency = 920000.0

},

Can you provide another example?

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Hi

So don't know whether this is a bug with DCS or the Sabre. Tuning to a radio frequency seems to be playing a) two or more Morse code signals over each other and b) and same few overlapping signals regardless of the station you are tuned into. This makes it impossible to navigate by NDB as it's almost impossible to tune into the correct frequencies.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I couldn't find a bug reporting forum.

That said: The F-86F is super friggin awesome! It's simply the most satisfying jet flight model I've yet enjoyed in a sim. Please, Belsimtek, keep 'em coming! Just wonderful.

Though it would be nice if at some time during the BETA, the NBD's started playing correct Morse code... :)

Love you guys!

Yes, same here.

For kobuleti, outer NDB: -.- -, and we can hear -.- - --- ...

after takeoff, sometimes the two codes would overlap each other or just be incomplete

It seems to be a DCS bug. The same effect is experienced with the Huey. ...

This would explain my problems sorting out the Morse codes.

I was hearing the kobuleti beacon, but a lot of extraneous garbage.

This is really frustrating.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2142775&postcount=5

Check the attached mission, works for me. It's just a simple example of how to set up an NDB beacon. Also, the permanent NDBs seem to work on my end at least.

EDIT: Sorry!!! I get the audio, but the permanent beacons indeed seem to play 2 or more Morse signals simultaneously.

Reported as ticket #27453.

However, I cannot replicate these morse code audio issues in my current internal version (based on DCSW 2.0.0).

Could you please provide tracks created using version 1.2.10?

Edited by derelor

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I encountered a similar issue with the Fw190, but to me it looks like it could be related: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128474

Two ground units, each transmits on a separate frequency. Your radio is tuned in to one freq. and you can hear the transmission. If you tune the radio to the other freq. (in my case: switch to the other channel) while the first one is still played back, then you hear the second transmission as expected, but also still the first transmission until the transmission ends (i.e. the sound file is completely played back).

In the case that both transmissions are set to be played back in a loop, they never end and thus you hear them from then on both.

I would expect that the audio of the first transmision is cut off as soon as I select a different frequency.

I encountered a similar issue with the Fw190, but to me it looks like it could be related: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128474

Two ground units, each transmits on a separate frequency. Your radio is tuned in to one freq. and you can hear the transmission. If you tune the radio to the other freq. (in my case: switch to the other channel) while the first one is still played back, then you hear the second transmission as expected, but also still the first transmission until the transmission ends (i.e. the sound file is completely played back).

In the case that both transmissions are set to be played back in a loop, they never end and thus you hear them from then on both.

I would expect that the audio of the first transmision is cut off as soon as I select a different frequency.

Thanks. Could you provide a track file?

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Thanks. Could you provide a track file?

I made a test mission where two units send on different frequencies at the same time. The start of the transmission(s) is triggert by a comms menu F10 command.

I could reproduce the issue with the Dora, Mustang and Warthog (i.e. issue not limited to pre-set channels, but also when freq. is manually selected!). It seems, as if this is not aircraft related but an general DCS World issue.

radio channel separation - dora.trk

radio channel separation - mustang.trk

radio channel separation - warthog.trk

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 1

I made a test mission where two units send on different frequencies at the same time. The start of the transmission(s) is triggert by a comms menu F10 command.

I could reproduce the issue with the Dora, Mustang and Warthog (i.e. issue not limited to pre-set channels, but also when freq. is manually selected!). It seems, as if this is not aircraft related but an general DCS World issue.

That was fast. Thanks again! :thumbup:

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

puhhh...i´m new with the f-86 and it´s realy frustrating to get a beacon. First because the freq. indicator marks are just to rough, no fine 10 or 20mhz marks. With no autopilot in real bad weather i have no chance to setup this, except i´ve already approached that beacon a few times bevor. I also think some stations still causing interleaving morse codes, but i have to verify that.

Edited by asticher

With kind regards,

Staff of Virtual JaBoG32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no morse code at all

i'm diggint out this old post, because lately, i came to realise I don't hear any morse code at all.

I hear the "noise" when tuned off, and I see the needle stuck to the right when i'm tuned in. But i don't hear anything.

Have i missed something in the recent changelogs ? Cause in the end, it's still unusable without the code at all :helpsmilie:

• 1 month later...
i'm diggint out this old post, because lately, i came to realise I don't hear any morse code at all.

I hear the "noise" when tuned off, and I see the needle stuck to the right when i'm tuned in. But i don't hear anything.

Have i missed something in the recent changelogs ? Cause in the end, it's still unusable without the code at all :helpsmilie:

I just noticed this last night as well . I get the needle all the way to the right, but no morse code on some stations.

I will upload my Navigation training mission when I get back home .