Changing callouts from russian to english , possible?

I'm looking for a way to change the Russian callouts from ATC , AWACS , and wingmen to English even when flying Russian aircraft.

I want to play the Russian campaigns , but having to constantly read what's being said is very annoying...

I dont know anything about it , but i would think it's not hard to do.. just copy the EN voice files to the russian folder. So i guess my question is , where are the files located?

Thank you

I'm not at my pc right nlw but yes you can replace all the russian callouts with english. You need to locate the sound folders and rename the russian one to something else and make a copy of the english folder and set that to the original name of the russian one. I belive the filenames for all the callouts in both languages are the same.

Uhm, isn't that what Options->Gameplay->Cockpit Language is for (besides changing texts from cyrillic to latin as well)?

I actually never fiddled around with it and left it set to "english" ... but my voices are all in english, no matter which aircraft.

Uhm, isn't that what Options->Gameplay->Cockpit Language is for (besides changing texts from cyrillic to latin as well)?

I actually never fiddled around with it and left it set to "english" ... but my voices are all in english, no matter which aircraft.

it depends not on the Aircraft but the country you fly for..so if you jump in a russian SU-25T all should be russian..at least on my DCS...and afaik the Cockpit Language does not change the language of the Radio..but u know I could be mistaken..never played around with it:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Thanks everyone.

I copied the "common map" (DCS World/Sounds/Speech/Sound/Eng/Common) to the RUS side (DCS World/Sounds/Speech/Sound/RUS/Common)

It kind of worked... but not really. From a quick test i can see that for the wingmen commands it works , but for ATC and AWACS it doesn't becouse the russians have different names for their airfields and flights, unfortunately :/

Edited by McBlemmen

• 3 years later...

Just wanted to post the solution to get English Radio calls for Russian Aircraft. The only real working solution is to add those aircraft to the USA (or other English countries) in the script database so they use the country's native language.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1895645&postcount=5

I just did this for the Su-25t and it works great.

It probably won't work for MP though..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download