Sabre flaps

mslechta

Answer for Flaps ??!!

Come on now,

Dev's must reply on this, so much unclarity about Flaps, that can't be..!!

It Is a basic aircraft component and determines flight characteristics that must be known.

With all respect, if you develop an aircraft as beautifull as this, to simulate the real thing, with all the detail !, questions like this must be answered, and unclarities cleared out ASAP.

If there are no answers given, the value of simulation flight of specific aircrafts is much less.

Whe don't want arcade and guessing, but facts and experiencing the real thing as realistic as possible.

The questionable behavior of the Simulated Sabre must be corrected or explained, isn't that the whole purpose of creating this historical beauties.

Dont get me wrong, I admire and respect the art of making this kind of simulators, I have no Idea of how this is done. (would really want to know by the way !!), but it seems to me that effects of Drag , lift, Moments, torque etc. is just filling in formula's with the correct numbers.

Just my opinion, with the hope to get some real and solid answers.

Greetz

Yes, I have exactly same impression of the two FMs.

I wish I knew what was going on as well. According to all accounts I've read, the MiG should have terrible stall characteristics. "Postwar American tests of a MiG-15 revealed that the MiG had virtually no stall warning and would snap into a spin, clearly dangerous characteristics for inexperienced pilots." - from Sabres Over MiG Alley: The F-86 and the Battle for Air Superiority in Korea - K. Werrell

Not sure what to make of that compared to our MiG :S

Just to go back to setting flaps for landing. I also notice that the plane seems to start to climb rapidly when you put the flaps down but this isn't nessesarily unrealistic behaviour. In most airplanes, you put the flaps down in stages and at each extension usually the aircraft elevator must be pushed nose forward and trimmed nose down. That's the way it is in the Saab 340 irl. I've notice people here saying that you must trim up when putting flaps down in the sabre but that's not what I notice. As soon as I put the flaps down, I have to pitch down, and trim nose down to relieve control pressure. While it's very pronounced, it's not nessesarily unrealistic. Most aircraft don't go from 0 flap to full flap in one big movement, and that's going to upset the aircraft a bit.