TARGET GUI - problem profile

Hello, I have a problem with the software's GUI TARGET hotas my Warthog. Every time I load a profile the mouse select all the icons on my desktop, start the simulator profile not working properly.

Skipping a few steps?

Who can help me?

Thank you

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 32,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

Most likely, one of the switches on your Warthog throttle is sending a keyboard command continuously. When setting commands for switches, always, always, set them to PULSE.

EDIT: From the Target User Manual

The Type field defines the type of behaviour for the key combination:

Pulse simulates a brief (temporary) press on the keyboard, even if the button remains activated or in the

“on” position.

 Hold simulates pressing and holding the keyboard keys until the button is released.

Press simulates a continuous press on the key combination, even if the joystick button is released.

 Release releases a combination of keys that has been “pressed” before.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I just grabbed the file but can't look for a few hours. I will try to have an answer later today.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK. The immediate major problems that I see are with both flaps controls and the 'Landing Taxi Light Retract' control.

All three of these functions are set to a Type 'PRESS'. This means that each of these commands will, once used, never release the key that they 'press' and continuously flood your system with keyboard signals. (See the description of the 'PRESS' type in the quoted section of post #2 above.)

I did not look at how the taxi light functions in sim so I am not sure what the best implementation would be. In the case of the flaps commands, I would move them to the China Hat Fwd and Back switches and set them to a Type 'HOLD' (which is how I have mine set up).

I did not look for any further issues, since I think the above is the root of the problem, but I did notice that your Air Brakes are set to 'PULSE' and I would change those to HOLD, since the switch is really a momentary switch. The forward position can still cause an issue if you leave it stuck forward, though, so another solution might be better.

The best solution for all of these is to assign DX instead of keyboard commands, in the GUI and then program the buttons in the sim. That is the best solution for any non-momentary switches.

I am no expert with the Target GUI, since I do everything in the Script Editor, but please ask if you have more questions.

Edited by cichlidfan

Hello, I have a different problem with the target guy, pretty much it conflicts with DCSW. I tried a remedy on the web but could not find anything? Can anyone help me?

If you can explain what is, or isn't, happening, I will give it a shot.

I mean start taget guy and launch a profile, start DCSW and try to get into the game in this case P51D, DCSW tells me that the P51 has to be reactivated, the commands do not work anymore, it no longer works the view of the cockpit and I can not to exit from the game.

I mean start taget guy and launch a profile, start DCSW and try to get into the game in this case P51D, DCSW tells me that the P51 has to be reactivated, the commands do not work anymore, it no longer works the view of the cockpit and I can not to exit from the game.

Are you saying that if you start Target first, then DCSW, it says it is not activated but if you don't use Target, it works fine?

Are you using Target to launch DCSW or are you starting DCSW from the desktop icon?

Yes, without using the target everything works fine.

What about the second question? How do you start DCS when you are using Target? If you are using Target to start it, which exe did you link it to?

That is very odd indeed. Let me think about it but no promises.

That is very odd indeed. Let me think about it but no promises.

Maybe I solved. The problem is that I was using the wrong keyboard layout, even though I had tried to change it at a later date did not work the same because the profile was created with the wrong layout.

Thank you for your willingness to help me.

P.S. Sorry if the 'English is not correct. I use google traslator

Maybe I solved. The problem is that I was using the wrong keyboard layout, even though I had tried to change it at a later date did not work the same because the profile was created with the wrong layout.

Thank you for your willingness to help me.

P.S. Sorry if the 'English is not correct. I use google traslator

I see. It sounds like, when Target was running, DCS wanted to activate a different language version of the sim. Interesting.

Your English was good enough to be understood. Don't worry about it.

• 2 months later...

Hey there. I have a Problem with the Target Gui

I have been combining several switches using target gui for the Hotas Warthrog and run the script. The eventtester showed me that nothing at all happens. For example I used the switch rdrdis (ENGL) for Canopy close but the switch doesnt work when running the script via target. But when I start DCS without Target everything seems fine. I figured out that if I use Target and click on HOTAS Joystick and HOTAS Throttle he combines it together. I can see this when I go to the options menue in winsystem. And because he combines it several switches do not work on the HOTAS WARTHROG.

Is there anyone who can help to make it work?

Edited by Panavia02

• 1 year later...