Bad ka-50 texture

Nooch

Hi! On the third mission of the su-25t campaign, the ka-50s that are supposed to help me have a weird orange warning texture. I have the black shark 2 module so it doesn't come from a missing file but rather from a bad cfg or something... Thanks for fixing this issue and sorry if it has already been reported.

2014-08-02_00001.thumb.jpg.9091f03ed49c14ea1b79045b82813bd8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya, I reported that a long time ago. I'm sad that it is still not fixed. I'm sure if you go into the mission editor and assign a texture to the Ka-50 and save the mission, it should work.

Alright thanks for the tip. It's good to know as I forgot to mention that this ugly texture issue is still there in the following 2 or 3 missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... so it doesn't come from a missing file but rather from a bad cfg or something...

It's not from a bad cfg and not from a missing file, but from an incomplete texture file: {DCS}\bazar\world\textures\ka-50_general.zip. This is the default skin for the Ka-50. I believe what happens is that when a specified skin (e.g. a custom skin) cannot be found, DCS loads this default skin. Unfortunately, this file package is missing several needed files. These are:

ka-50_st_paint1.bmp.dds

ka-50-lrm_b.bmp.dds

ka-50-lrm_centre.bmp.dds

ka-50-lrm-1.bmp.dds

ka-50-lrmpart-1.bmp.dds

ka-50-paint1-def-01.bmp.dds

ka-50-paint1-def-02.bmp.dds

ka-50-paint1-def-03.bmp.dds

ka-50-paint1-def-04.bmp.dds

ka-50-paint1-def-05.bmp.dds

ka-50-paint1-def-06.bmp.dds

You can solve the problem yourself by scavenging these files from other standard skins and repackaging the zip file. Or, you can download the complete zip file here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=111573

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
That install doesnt work, when i select my DCS folder it doesnt let me install it.

Same with me, the "install" button is grayed out. Has anyone solved this? Its 2015 and I am running a fresh install of DCS updated and still have this problem on the SU25T campaign.

The fix is 7 MB zip file that gets dropped into the dcs\bazar\world\textures folder without unzipping. It's available on the 159th TeamSpeak channel. (Sorry, I don't have the address handy.) Anyway, go there and right click on the main lobby and open the file browser. Find the file and download it.

Searched up and down 159th website and their forum, there is no ZIP file anywhere. Also most of their forum posts related to this relay back here to this post. Anyway... time to let it go and get used to the orange tone or use an alternate texture.