Tired of having to re-do controls every update

Scing

Like, I played 1.2.8 just before 1.2.9 landed.

I have to end up re-doing all my controls once more. Even saved controls don't seem to like to transfer over to 1.2.9.

I'm doing this properly as I had previously for other updates.

It's growing increasingly frustrating in this regard.

For the love of all things holy, add in the ability to change controls from ESC menu on Multiplayer.

No need for none of these pause the game crap. It's not technically that crazy. It needs to be a semi-immediate priority in my eyes, as well as a LOT of new players picking up DCS that end up getting frustrated to no end by this.

In each updates DCS add a new folder called "_backup.000" or _backup.001" etc in this folder there are only the files that were not original.. you can copy paste your config folder and paste it to your new existing one. Pretty cool stuff.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_backup.000

Fly it like you stole it..

theGozr, controls are in Saved Games. Not modified by the updates, i.e. not in backup folders.

Scing, I don't see why you "have to" redo your inputs at each version?

Pre-1.2.7, there was a need to redo inputs (or manually modify personal input files) only when a control was added/modified/deleted for an aircraft. I.e. not at every update.

Since 1.2.8, personal inputs are saved as a "diff[erence]" from the standard ED inputs. Meaning you don't need anymore to redo them even when a control is added/modified/deleted for the aircraft at hand.

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

Haven't had to touch them since the change from .lua to .diff.lua for existing modules. As Azrayen said, the saved games folder shouldn't have a change unless a module has been added afaik.

What does the "I'm doing this properly as I had previously for other updates" mean? Maybe say how you are doing it and someone can save you from it in the future.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

to tell the truth, I have to agree with OP that it is boring to remap every single update....

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'm sorry but, ED was really really late to bring up a solution. The "diff" solution is great though.

But I (and maybe someone like me) directly modify stock input lua files and keep them update. :P

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Aside from the fact that ED has yet to fix the Warthog Combined lua for the A-10C, the new system works just fine. Migration from 1.2.8 to 1.2.9 required no reconfiguring of controls for any aircraft except the A-10C, as mentioned.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Was just frustrating at first. Had to re-fire up DCS to even get controls to show. Also had a few.

All's good now. I took out a 3 SU-27 flight by using their hill tactics with a rack full of 9Ms. Was quite satisfying because they saw me at 40k, and then i was under them lol.