Joystick issue

Just went back to DCS after a long layaway. Got the new free tf-51 downloaded and went to give it a fly, but my joystick and throttle doesn't work.

I immediately remembered that I needed to set up the axis commands in the options menu so restart, go back to the 51 (both easy and real) get the axis and throttle all set, do a test and the stick and throttle register fine in the options menu, start up another quick flight and .....nothing works again.

Go back to copy my layout from the F-15C which I used to fly often, nothing works. Go try to fly the F-15C which I hadn't touched the controls inputs to and nothing.

What am I forgetting or doing wrong? Totally at a loss here.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

No ideas from anyone? Ive been searching around for anything that would work but no luck. Really wanted to get the Sabre too......

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

A bit strange if you really did configured for both real and and easy. Be carefull to select the proper aircraft. Do not copy profiles from other plane.

Start again by cleaning your input files from user/Saved games/DCS..etc. Before setting any button or axis start by clear all existent predefined controls. There is a button "Clear Category" which cleans entire column for the choosen controller.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

If your old F-15 profile was prior to 1.2.8, and you've updated to the latest version now, the input file format is different and the easiest way is just to re-create them from scratch.

Backup the C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input directory.

Delete the same directory after backing it up.

Start up DCS World and go set up your controllers in the options.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Tried clearing it and reassigning but no go. Keyboard in game wont work as well.

@ TXMTB....how do I backup that directory? ctrl +C? sorry Im computer dumb and not sure if that's what you mean by "backup" :)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

tried deleting that input folder but that didn't work either.

Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the game? This has me very perplexed.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Got it to work. After days of searching online and help from you guys I found that I had to delete the input.lua file. game works like a charm again and now in a few days I will get to fly my favorite bird (Sabre). Thanks for everyones help. You guys rock as always.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Glad you got it. Would not think you had to touch that file. Here's hoping you have no problems going forward.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip