does an install repair delete your key assignments?

Your controller mappings and other settings you make under "Options" at the DCS man menu, are stored under

C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS

This directory is not touched by the Autoupdater or the DCS Repair function (but making a back up is always a good practice anyways)

No. Key assignments are saved in C:/Users/<Your Name>/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input. Repairing game files will not touch this folder. Just do a back-up of Saved Games folder to be safe.:)

Sniped again.

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

I just 'zip' up the full C:\...your user name....\Gerry\Saved Games\DCS folder. That way you get all the user files and settings, and you can swap back if necessary.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

It will wipe any toggle switch custom keybinds you've made as it rewrites/replaces the default.lua in DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick.

Kind of PITA to re-do all of that. I REALLY wish they'd stop screwing with controls stuff each patch.