Sabre trim & landing question.

Dudester22

I'm having a bit of a problem landing the Sabre because of trim. When I drop my speed to 185 and drop my landing gear and flaps the jeta nose constantly wants to keep going up. At this point I keep pushing forward on the trim, but the nose still wants to keep going up. I have the trim set to Pov on my TM Hotas, any idea's anyone? Thanks!

I try to keep both in balance at the same time, while lowering the flaps trim down at the same time. Release the flaps down if the nose still rises until the trim catches up and then lower again until the flaps are where you want them

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Do you guys trim the Jet so that the nose would be slightly falling for landing? Or do you trim so that it's neither falling or rising? I ask this because I usually do it until the nose is slightly falling. This way I can then pull up easier when I flare before landing, but I've never asked if this is the right way to do it.

I like the nose to be slightly heavy (falling) when landing, not sure if that's proper procedure. I like having the tension of the stick already pulled back to keep the nose level when flairing.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

+1 but I keep it a little on the heavy side pretty much all the time. I think that it's a matter of personal preference. I have never really had to mess with trim stuff in any other DCS plane as the F86, actually took a little getting use to.

Hehe, then you'd love the P-51!

And I noticed that the trim action on the Sabre is a lot less sensitive than in other DCS aircraft, what I find a good thing. Not more that problem of 1 tick up is too much and 1 tick down is also too much but to the other side.

I would like to have a TRIM RESET option, even if it didn't exist in the real aircraft as in the simulation we don't have the sensitive feedback on the stick. I find that after messing around too much with the trimmer, specially aileron trim, I struggle to neutralize.