Thrust percentage won't go higher than 70%

frank7006

Maybe you are opening the throttle too fast . Keep in mind it's a 1st gen jetengine , no electronics to control the fuelflow. If you open the throttle too fast you are flooding the engine with fuel, check the EGT if 1000C + and N1 70% max , engine is flooded.

I'm able to get 100% thrust now but after moving the throttle around a bit it went back to a max of 70%. I even moved it very slowly and it would still hit a max of 70%.

I reloaded the mission again and it was back to normal and I haven't been able to reproduce the 'max 70%' problem. I noticed that at 70% thrust the fuel flow is 900 lbs and exhaust temp is 250. However, when it gets stuck at a max of 70%, the fuel flow is 2100 and the exhaust temp is 750. I also noticed that at a max power of 100% the exhaust temp is 750. I'm not sure what all of that means except that it seems like 750 deg C might be max exhaust temp and it's attaining that temp at a low power setting of 70% and that's why I can't increase the thrust any more. I just don't know why the eng is at 750 deg when the thrust setting is only at 70%.

If you open the throttle too fast you are flooding the engine with fuel, check the EGT if 1000C + and N1 70% max , engine is flooded.

This phenomenon is really simulate ?

If it's the case this F-86F is really incredible...

Anybody can tell us of BST can confirm that ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

This phenomenon is really simulate ?

If it's the case this F-86F is really incredible...

Anybody can tell us of BST can confirm that ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

I've managed to get it surging, so BST have certainly been putting some really cool features in.

@OP: When it only goes to 70%, try going back down to idle for 10 or so seconds before slowly going back up.

I've managed to get it surging, so BST have certainly been putting some really cool features in.

@OP: When it only goes to 70%, try going back down to idle for 10 or so seconds before slowly going back up.

I'll give that a shot if I can stand to listen to that blaring thrust idle horn for that long.

heh - i had this happen and i just shut the engine down and redid the start procedure in a glide... worked for me

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

as far as i can tell, it happens at low airspeed, high AoA, and bashing the throttle from idle to full. no need to restart the engine, just set throttle to idle, put her in a bit of a dive, get some airspeed, the smoothly apply the throttle to see if you have cleared her out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

according to the TO it is known as a "cold" or "partial" compressor stall....

Wow, that's it. Good find. I was able to recreate the 70% situation, now understood to be a "cold or "partial" compressor stall by flying at a slow airspeed, reducing the throttle to idle and then rapidly increasing it to full throttle where it then stops at 70%. I followed the three steps from the document you found and it worked beautifully! lol awesome