Running out of nose up trim

• ED Team
Maybe. Doesn't seem right that you'd build a trim system that doesn't have enough range of motion to function during a critical phase of flight though. Especially something German!

I think its because most of the trim was done on the ground though... so maybe you are seeing a limitation from that, although I hadnt noticed it myself.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Anyone else running out of nose up trim, especially when landing?

How steep is your approach path with full flaps? The final flap setting at 58˚ could mean the aircraft requires a rather steep approach angle, perhaps doesn't need that much up trim there.

Sorry, haven't been able to test myself yet.

MAC

• ED Team

Gentlemen, you make me wondering... even with default settings full stick aft stalls the planes both in clean and landing configuration.

If you maintain recommended 220 kph at final, the plane flares to three point attitude easily.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Not sure what you're saying there Yo-Yo. I can land the thing at 220kph no problem, I just have to keep constant back pressure on as there's no more trim.

exactly...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• ED Team
Not sure what you're saying there Yo-Yo. I can land the thing at 220kph no problem, I just have to keep constant back pressure on as there's no more trim.

Ok, I understand.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Ah, good!

I also find I need back pressure on takeoff, even at the specified speeds.

Perhaps the trim is offset or something? Hopefully it'll be looked into, even if it turns out I'm talking rubbish :music_whistling:

That is odd. "Let her fly herself off the runway" ... at first I did make the mistake that I applied back pressure (tail wheel lock) a tad bit too long. She jumps into the air, stalls and crashes ... Now, after this lesson learned, when I recenter the stick at ~ 150-170 kph she lifts off so gently you barely notice. No stick input required at all. (but flaps in T/O position, ofc)

Maybe. Doesn't seem right that you'd build a trim system that doesn't have enough range of motion to function during a critical phase of flight though. Especially something German!

I gather some variants of the BAE Hawk are a little bit like this IRL :)

I'm not really having much trouble with Up Trim, but is there really No Trim for Rudder or Horizontal Trim? I ask as I am setting up my Warthog and can not find key commands for these functions. I read the flight manual and it doesn't refer to these functions either.

A little confused, but lovin it :D

I'm not really having much trouble with Up Trim, but is there really No Trim for Rudder or Horizontal Trim? I ask as I am setting up my Warthog and can not find key commands for these functions. I read the flight manual and it doesn't refer to these functions either.

A little confused, but lovin it :D

Nope. The Fw 190 (like the Bf 109) had no rudder or aileron trim.

wondering why? the German's declared, we don't need that??? ;) :lol: :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Wow! Thanks for the info

Nope. The Fw 190 (like the Bf 109) had no rudder or aileron trim.

wondering why? the German's declared, we don't need that??? ;) :lol: :)

I too find it a little weird. Considering how advanced this plane was for its time, I would have assumed Aileron and Rudder Trim would be a given. :joystick:

Most of the trim was done on the ground, no controls for the pilot beyond what we have now.

Exactly!!!

also known as stabilizers for German planes not trim.

the wlole surface moved up or down!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog