Radiator Flaps

RNeves

Correct.

or because of ram-air - the dynamic air pressure

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

After not flying Dora for a while and giving it a spin after the last update, I've noticed that one radiator flap on the right side, third from top (in front of the exhaust) doesn't open. I've checked your video Bucic and it same for you as well.

[ATTACH]128276[/ATTACH] I see some pictures with the same flap remaining static on the real thing, so it might be a feature which I never noticed before :D Amazing detail, as always...

Edit2: My understanding would be that it is so to limit the warm air from the radiator entering the engine intake nozzle!it.

AFAIK as a model maker, that's just where the cowling is fixed to the main airframe. You know, cowlings can't levitate in front of your airplane :D.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

One doesn't exclude the other :)
Well, I keep my bet. Upper fixed cowl flaps are a fixation indeed, but I think you can't just have one fixation point in a large piece like that cowling, so lateral fixed cowl flap is the other one. Usually the easier explain is the right one smilewink.gif.

brown4_46.jpg

brown4_56.jpg

http://hsfeatures.com/fw190d9dl_3.htm

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

• ED Team

The fixed flap was made due to excessive intake air heating that lowered high altitude performance.

• Like 1

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

The fixed flap was made due to excessive intake air heating that lowered high altitude performance.
All right, all right :lol:.

S!