The Dora is just awesome and incredible !!!

Skulleader

Hello guys ;)

Just this little topic for said that this Dora is just amazing :thumbup:

Once again ED has created one incredible module, Open-Beta maybe but very good.

I'm under the charm, after the F-86F now with the Dora DCS World prove his incredible talent, this simulator is a real master piece...

Congratulation for ED's team for this new Warbird... So many hours will necessary for tamed this monster :joystick:

Bye, Skull :thumbup:

• Like 1

It is indeed, i love it. Real pleasure to fly. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This module changed my perspective on 190 series from what I've read from eastern front recounts. Great tool to learn about history! Those German engineers sure did a great job for human-machine interface; such a simplistic approach that allows pilot to combat vs manage the machine.

Yep I could not agree more. This is really refreshing new plane. The design is great and the engine sound does a pleasant roar. I did play the Intercept mission, and as much I was surprised about the 6 F86 browning's lacks of fire power (surely realistic), I got stunned at the the Dora's 4 cannons, that are just devastating, one push one the trigger and the russian plane was down into flames... Although I want to know how they fire through the wood blades :) german Engineering and craftsmanship will never cease to amaze me...

• ED Team
Yep I could not agree more. This is really refreshing new plane. The design is great and the engine sound does a pleasant roar. I did play the Intercept mission, and as much I was surprised about the 6 F86 browning's lacks of fire power (surely realistic), I got stunned at the the Dora's 4 cannons, that are just devastating, one push one the trigger and the russian plane was down into flames... Although I want to know how they fire through the wood blades :) german Engineering and craftsmanship will never cease to amaze me...

;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronization_gear

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

i have to say ED has done an amazing job with this module!!!

Bravo Yo-Yo for this awesome FM!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Then the damage model of the weapons for either the Dora or the Sabre is broken. The F-86 may only have .50 cal, but it has 6 guns at ~1200 rpm each, firing for a cumulative 7200 rounds per minute. The FW190 has 4 guns firing at approximately 650 rpm, firing a cumulative 2600 rounds per minute. The 20mm should be approximately two to three times as effective per round, but considering the F86 is putting out 2.76 times as many rounds, the effect on target should be comparable. The Mustang uses the AN/M2 with only 850 rounds per minute per gun, meaning it would put out 5100 rounds per minute, or 1.96 times as many bullets per second.

...actually, the F86 should have better effect on target than the Dora (and the Mustang generally close to parity); out of the 2600 rounds per minute the Dora fires, over half are the (rather anemic) 13mm machine gun, which has significantly less kinetic energy than the Browning .50 cal.

Then the damage model of the weapons for either the Dora or the Sabre is broken. The F-86 may only have .50 cal, but it has 6 guns at ~1200 rpm each, firing for a cumulative 7200 rounds per minute. The FW190 has 4 guns firing at approximately 650 rpm, firing a cumulative 2600 rounds per minute. The 20mm should be approximately two to three times as effective per round, but considering the F86 is putting out 2.76 times as many rounds, the effect on target should be comparable. The Mustang uses the AN/M2 with only 850 rounds per minute per gun, meaning it would put out 5100 rounds per minute, or 1.96 times as many bullets per second.

...actually, the F86 should have better effect on target than the Dora (and the Mustang generally close to parity); out of the 2600 rounds per minute the Dora fires, over half are the (rather anemic) 13mm machine gun, which has significantly less kinetic energy than the Browning .50 cal.

It really is not as simple as that, the luftwaffe cannons are explosive etc... but the rate of fire from the sabre should cut the aircraft apart OUCH...

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I was going to say - I find taking off in the Dora harder than landing but Bf-109 will probably turn my definition of hard landing upside down!

I'll be sticking with my Fw-190 for the German side for sure, the 109 sure won't be as easy to use. But what I'm really looking forward to is the Spitfire. Jerries will fall from the sky all over the place once I have that in my hands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Outstanding A/C! Took the Dora out for a few spins, and love this bird. Great job to the developers!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

awesome bird.......did start up, takeoff and landings over and over today......great fun.....kudos to E.D.:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

It really is not as simple as that, the luftwaffe cannons are explosive etc... but the rate of fire from the sabre should cut the aircraft apart OUCH...

Well, yes that is a simplistic calculation, particularly considering each have different kill mechanisms. The point is that the general equation is that 1 20mm HE wass/is generally considered to have about the same destructive force as 2-3 .50s. So each shell is more powerful, but the F-86 (and to a lesser extent, Mustang) fires a LOT more bullets than the FW190D9

Well, after playing with the Focke-Wulf for a while, it *feels* about right, and from dogfighting the AI Mustang a while (mostly at fairly low altitudes, 5-8,000 feet), it seems like neither is out of line, performance-wise.

The Dora seems somehow more responsive, in that control responses are very immediate and crisp. This makes it FEEL very agile... but it (to me) has obviously got a somewhat larger turning circle than the Mustang. However, it climbs like a rocket ship.

The short version is that it seems to be much easier to get OUT of trouble flying the Dora, but easier to get IN to firing position when flying the Mustang: the Dora's power and climb rate meant I could constantly get into a position of energy superiority, but the Mustang's superior turning meant I had to work much, MUCH harder to get into a firing position with the Dora against the Mustang than I seem to with the Mustang against the Dora.

The EZ42 is kind of a pain in the ass... I think because the sight window is so small, and the visibility over the nose kind of sucks. Getting a deflection shot will be tough. Real tough.

Regarding weaponry, I'm not quite sure how I feel just yet. Going by the debriefing, the weapons aren't out of line with each other: it normally takes 80-100 .50 hits to down the Dora, and it seemed to take me around 20-40 cannon hits to down the Mustang (according to the in-game debriefing). Both those numbers are quite high, but seem correct, proportionally. I *think* they reflect some kind of damage factor/ hit points inflicted, rather than actual number of bullets, though: the FW felt like it killed with a much shorter (in length of time) burst on target. Considering the time it takes 2 MG151/20s to fire 30 cannon shells (1.38 seconds) is actually slightly longer than it takes 6 AN/M2 to fire 100 bullets (1.18 seconds), this doesn't seem right.

Oh. And cowl guns. If the quantity of gunsmoke is an accurate reflection of reality, I vastly, VASTLY prefer wing guns. It's like you line up on the target, pull the trigger, and just hope he keeps flying the same direction... because I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely lose the target in that smoke. And good luck spotting the fall of your shot!

Edited by OutOnTheOP

The Dora seems somehow more responsive, in that control responses are very immediate and crisp. This makes it FEEL very agile... but it (to me) has obviously got a somewhat larger turning circle than the Mustang. However, it climbs like a rocket ship.

The short version is that it seems to be much easier to get OUT of trouble flying the Dora, but easier to get IN to firing position when flying the Mustang: the Dora's power and climb rate meant I could constantly get into a position of energy superiority, but the Mustang's superior turning meant I had to work much, MUCH harder to get into a firing position with the Dora against the Mustang than I seem to with the Mustang against the Dora.

The EZ42 is kind of a pain in the ass... I think because the sight window is so small, and the visibility over the nose kind of sucks. Getting a deflection shot will be tough. Real tough.

Found this to be pretty much the same for me so far. Took me much longer to get into a shooting position if I lost any kind of advantage but if I got in a lot of trouble I could just dive off and regain my altitude soon after. Deflection shooting is going to be more a spray and pray thing for awhile. I haven't been shot down by the AI P51 yet but its taking awhile for me to get positioned correctly behind the Mustang. The cannons make quick work (one kill was 57 rounds) but I imagine that against good human P51 pilots it will be a challenge to use them.

And after all that, what was the Dora's favorite pastime in late 1944?

Strafing and bombing!

According to Axel Urbanke s "Mit der FW 190D-9 im Einsatz" (about III/ JG54, later became IV/JG26 and at the end of the war I/II JG26) they attacked mostly the advancing British and Canadian troops. Sure they had dogfights against the USAAF and the Russians, advancing to Berlin.

Why British and Canadian?

They were stationed in the area of Hamburg and tthe Ems Kanal.

Edited by LcSummers