MW-50 restrictions?

SchniX

Hi!

In the old IL-2 i remember that to initiate MW-50 in some aircrafts it was require to lower the throttle and than to initiate the MW-50, and if you initiated the MW-50 while you are in a high setting throttle it was damaging the engine.

So in DCS FW-190D9 it's like it was in IL-2? or not, and how it's in the real plane?

Thx

• 6 months later...

I turn on the MW50 right after take off. Just remember to check the gauges and pull the power back when the temps rise or you run out of fluid.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Pulling up the red lever is supposed to switch the MW system to an extra 110 L of fuel but is not implemented. The MW 50 switch is located to the right of the throttle lever, when turned on it kicks in at 3100 rpm and should only be turned on under that. Also if and when they implement the MW 50 to fuel switch like on the K-4, you do not want to engage that switch because it will inject fuel directly into the supercharger which is a big no no.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Forget IL2, the modelling of MW50 was nonsense.

Turn on the curcuit breaker for MW Stoff, right panel.

Push the MW50 button on the left panel.

All you have to do now is, push the power lever in full forward position to activate MW50. You have to watch the MW50 gauge, to know if it's on.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals