F-86F Hypoxia

SuperSix2

Thought I'd share this since it was being discussed for the Dora. Flying at 35,000 I turned off the oxygen. After about 10 minutes of flight at fl350 no effects occured. Blew the canopy off so I could get some wind in my hair. 10 minutes later still no effects.

I remember once my pilot died mid-air in a multiplayer server at something like 20,000+ ft. No enemy planes around, nothing. Just died for no apparent reason. I thought it was hypoxia but can't remember if air was on...

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thought I'd share this since it was being discussed for the Dora. Flying at 35,000 I turned off the oxygen. After about 10 minutes of flight at fl350 no effects occured. Blew the canopy off so I could get some wind in my hair. 10 minutes later still no effects.

Given that there's a bug open about the oxygen running out too fast that was discovered because the pilot dies when flying at altitude & the supply ends, it may actually be a bug with the modelled supply not turning off when control in sim is turned off.

At work now - if you fast torward to ~ 1 1/2 hours at that altitude, does he die then ?

Cheers.

The f86 had a pressurized cockpit, didn't it? I haven't bought the sim yet or read the flight manuals, but at 35,000 feet pressure altitude your cockpit altitude would be significantly less unless the pressurization failed.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I haven't seen a pressurization system yet. I could be wrong. That system wouldn't matter though if the cockpit was blown off though. This is assuming you blew your top your off on accident and had a loss of oxygen. I'm just testing to see if hypoxia works or not. At that altitude there is no way in hell someone could remain conscious for more then 30 seconds. Proven fact.

does the pilot show an oxygen mask at altitude?

I'm afraid not,pilot textures are another little tweek that would make the F-86F sweeter,most 1950 Korean jet pilots had white helmets,or a white base for sure,but I'm sure we'll have it all corrected in time.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home