Mi-8 : Hotas warthog or X52?

I have played DCS with an X52, X65 and a Warthog and if you have the money go for the Warthog. Warthog is so much more precise when it comes to precision flying and adjustments.

But its up to your budget but joystick wise its like comparing a Fiat 500 with a Mercedes 63AMG.

• Like 1

g8PjVMw.png

Man speaks the truth. I went from an old Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick w/ twist rudder.

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

TrackIR5

Rudder Pedals with toe brakes

I felt the using the new joystick made DCS feel like an entirely different beast. You have actual super precise control of whatever you want to accomplish.

I have played DCS with an X52, X65 and a Warthog and if you have the money go for the Warthog. Warthog is so much more precise when it comes to precision flying and adjustments.

But its up to your budget but joystick wise its like comparing a Fiat 500 with a Mercedes 63AMG.

but for Hotas Warthog MUST have pedals like.. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals... it is good anough for Hotas?

Man speaks the truth. I went from an old Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick w/ twist rudder.

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

TrackIR5

Rudder Pedals with toe brakes

I felt the using the new joystick made DCS feel like an entirely different beast. You have actual super precise control of whatever you want to accomplish.

For warthog rudder pedals MUST have? Or without it also ok?

Satisfied X52 Pro user here. No it's not as good as the Warthog, but it's not even close to the same price and doesn't need separate rudder pedals.

It may not be carved from hardened unobtanium, forged for a million years in a distant star, but mine has lasted 8 years so far and is still in great condition.

And unlike the G940, it's still being made.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

It may not be carved from hardened unobtanium, forged for a million years in a distant star, but mine has lasted 8 years so far and is still in great condition.

Ok that is the funniest comment I have seen in a while!

Not often that you can pull Avatar AND Middle-Earth references into a flight sim post...

LOL

AWESOME

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Anybody have experience with this two sticks? What is more better for Mi8 ?:huh:

Greetings buddy!

I have both and Warthog is a better HOTAS than X52.

BUT...i have found that the stick of x52 [especially modded] is much better for flying helos

especially the T16000

if you have money go for Warthog its gonna give you good feeling and good quality over control!

or get the x55 rhino cheaper and nice option

you can adjust the feeling curve movement which is good for both helos and planes!

The option is yours!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

The warthog is very precise, but with choppers it is even better with an extension to give you the ultimate control.

extension is better with planes too.... funny that.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

my setup is a X52 and Saitek Rudder Pedals with toebrakes, i don't have the warthog, i don't know if it works with the warthog, you can use differt profiles for the stick, so i did the most keycommands via the X52 Profiler, so i different profiles for every modul in DCS, in addition with the Pinkie switch on the stick you can perfectly double your knobs, so you can use one button on your stick in 2 different ways. Example: i used the a-knob for trim and with pinkie and A it is disengage trim. If you need help with setting up, please send me a PM. Importend you have to use Saitek driver 6 not 7, because 7 is bugging, and the comment from Saitek itself: you have life with this problem. :-(

lg Markus