snapview problem

mipko

Hello,

I have read all topics on SNapView that I could find on this forum.

This feature is driving me nuts. I make my custom snapviews and record them with ral-0. After that I verify that SV is ok leftwin+sn# ant they are OK.

When I exit the game I verify that SnapViews.lua in saved games folder is updated.

Everything seems perfect, until I restart DCS. My custom snapviews are not working any more.

I have edited view.lua and set

UseDefaultSnapViews = false

but stil no joy.

What m'I doing wrong. I'm trying to set SV for SU-25T.

help me please

Mirko

There is a checkbox in the Options screen for User Snap Views, is it checked?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

UseDefaultSnapViews = false in "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View"

["userSnapView"] = true, in C:\Users\mirko\Saved Games\DCS\Config

I have also tried to copy view.lua into C:\Users\mirko\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View but the same effect.

What is worse is that defined SnapViews are only working while in the mission. i.e. I set up views for SU-25T and fly mission The Longest Day and than I fly F-15C and set views for F-15C. After that I fly The Longest Day again without restarting DCS World and SU-25T views are not working ?!

thanks

Mirko

I did that as well...

It is quite strange user defined snapviews are not working in SU-25T mission Long Day, however the very same snapviews are working in Ramp Start mission ?!

EDIT:

This is definitely issue with all SU-25T missions except training missions:

SU-25T missions affected:

1. Long Day.miz

2. Presents.miz

3. Command Post Strike.miz

In Flaming Cliffs 3 mission Close Down Kopitnari SU-25T snapViews work OK.

If someone else can verify/check this I would be very grateful.

regards

Mirko

Edited by mipko

User defined SnapViews - bug ?

Hello,

I have updated to 1.2.1.10 yesterday and noticed odd SnapViews behavior.

I have started Long Day.miz and edited SnapViews and saved them with ralt-num0. Verified if SnapViews are ok lwin-snap#. Everything was OK.

Exited mission and started again in SU-25T and SnapViews were gone ?!

Exited DCS World and verified than SnapVIews.lua file WAS edited according to my inputs.

However no matter what I do SU-25T user defined SnapViews are not automatically loaded in Long Day.miz or any other SU-25T mission except training missions ?!

Can someone try to recreate/verify this odd behavior. I have reinstalled DCS World, did clean install from scratch.

The same experience with missing user SnapViews for some missions is happening when flying SU-25T in FC3.

What I have done:

1. in options/misc I have checked save user defined snap views

2. in view.lua I have disabled UseDefaultSnapview, although this switch makes no difference.

thanks

Mirko

This is likely to be the problem.

DisableSnapViewsSaving = false
[b][color="Red"]UseDefaultSnapViews = true[/color][/b]

This is from the View.lua that is inside the mission.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

yes !!!!!

some missions have own config files inside .miz file.

You can open MIZ file with 7zip and delete view folder inside config folder.

I didn't realize that miz file is archive :(

thank you all for help :)

regards

Mirko

yes !!!!!

some missions have own config files inside .miz file.

You can open MIZ file with 7zip and delete view folder inside config folder.

I didn't realize that miz file is archive :(

thank you all for help :)

regards

Mirko

The question is, why did ED create any missions in that manner?

Yes, good question; it is very strange and undocumented. I have lost several days resolving this. Hope this will be of some help to you guys. Since it is not only SU-25T specific it affects all planes.

• Like 1

Luckily, I don't use ED created missions except on very rare occasions. The problem does not exist on missions that I create.

• 2 weeks later...

i just want to say.. "THANK YOU" @mipko for bird-dogging this issue

i also have "custom" view setups and this issue was annoying me

props

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]