Autopilot

Hi all,

How about to create hot fix to repair autopilot in Mi8 after 1.2.10 patch. I hope, that I will not wait until 2.0 for this fix, because flying Mi8 without autopilot is not comfortable.

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

Heh, i was about to complain that the green light doesnt turn on, i just got myself the Mi-8. BUMMER!!

This also cripples both training missions, because they both ask you to engage it. Cant progress without. =/

Edited by ericoh

I was just about to release a major training exercise for the Mi-8 for my squadron...and then the patch came out and broke it. Without a functioning autopilot its just to squirely to fly into tight spaces the mission needs.

Autopilot Roll Function doesn't work either.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

And here I thought that was on my end only. I already ran the DCS Repair Tool, and the Roll/Pitch Autopilot still doesn't work.

So yeah - I can confirm this issue as well. LeftWin+A, or clicking the corresponding cockpit button, does no longer turn on the Roll/Pitch Channel Autopilot.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

good time to learn to fly her without pitch APs I guess.

A round in the APs processor is gonna happen sometime, even taking out an engine whilst carrying a full load requires this type of practice.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

yesteday I send a support ticket on this issue as well as asking for some statement about what the plans for the Mi-8 is, since development seems to have come to a hault.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Always same procedure, they fix some bugs but create some new ones. Testing is a foreign word for this developers :-(

They can't afford money for testers I guess :)

This complicating software need a dozen of testers to find bugs.

While I like the F-86, I kind of regret that I bought it.

It seems that Belsimtek only are interested in a project as long as it earns them money.

I guess most modules are sold as pre-sell and afterward sales drops.

Thus there is not much motivation to finish their work.

While the Huey is declared not to be beta anymore, I still think that some of the features promised are missing in it.

The Mi-8 is nice, but we still need to see the rest of the avionics implementet as well as door gunners and slingloads.

But progress is really slow.

I´m afraid that we will see the same happen now to the F-86.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

"Huston we've got a problem" my beloved Mi-8's autopilot is broken:cry_2:...Belsimtek please fix it ASAP!

Yeah the F-86 is probably my last buy from BT....until they fix all the bugs & deliver what was promised, that is!

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I just got something looking like a standard answer from ED:

From Wags (Matt Wagner) at 11.08.2014 18:47:49

This is a third party product, you will need to ask such questions in the developer's forum:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=279

But what does this help when the developers, seemingly don´t read what is posted here.

In the end this is part of the ED DCS Franchise, so I wonder hwy they are so careless.

As far as I know is DCS not an open achitecture, like FSX and 3rd party modules needs some kind of approvement by ED to be added to DCS.

FinnJ

DCS Response

Check the Bug thread. DCS has replied that it has been reported and is on "fast-track" to be fixed. From 159th_Viper:

This matter has already been reported and is registered in the bug tracker as a blocking bug, ie high priority/urgent. More than that cannot be done atm apart from remaining patient and awaiting the fix.

I'll endeavour to keep this thread updated with progress reports.

... or you can go back v1.2.9

Because next version may be DCS v2.0 and I have doubts about that many bugs will still remain. - That's my thought.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068