TF-51D vs P-51D

lukas_lb

Hi!

I am new in DCS, just downloaded DCS World from Steam and i really like it so far! I played Lock On some years before, but this is a new experience.

I like the TF-51D very much, but I am thinking about getting the P-51D DLC. My question is: if i am not into fighting very much and more into playing a good and realistic simulator, is it worth it to buy the Mustang? Are there any other extras or more realism then in the free to play version? Or is it just the same but with guns?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

L.

Thank you fpr your reply!

And do you think that the multiplayer experience (dogfights etc..) are worth it? I played online yesterday for the first time and every opponent in TF-51Ds tried to hit me to get me down.. Arent there any real dogfight servers?

MP: For me the multiplayer dogfights and other multiplayer experiences really add to the enjoyment of DCS. Flying with and against human pilots instead of the AI adds to the realism, especially when in a voice chat. It's also more challenging because you can't exploit the somewhat buggy AI, there it all comes down to pilot skill =) The people in the MP community are usually also very eager to share tips and their experience, which will definitely help you to become an even better pilot overall.

Servers: there are a couple of good WWII dogfight servers out there, the Dogs of War - DoW server being the most popular (FW-190 Dora's vs P-51 Ponies).

Hi!

I am new in DCS, just downloaded DCS World from Steam and i really like it so far! I played Lock On some years before, but this is a new experience.

I like the TF-51D very much, but I am thinking about getting the P-51D DLC. My question is: if i am not into fighting very much and more into playing a good and realistic simulator, is it worth it to buy the Mustang? Are there any other extras or more realism then in the free to play version? Or is it just the same but with guns?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

L.

If you like helicopters, the Huey is great for just flying around in. Probably the module I've spent the most time with. And you can arm her up too if you have the inclination.

Su25t is free aswell if you like how it flies,(non-clickable cockpit)get FC3 has i think 6 planes you can fly? mayby more, If you like Tail Draggers like the TF-51 ide get either the P51D or the Dora, Ide Recomend the Dora (cause its something diffrent) Any Helicopters the MI8 or Huey. If you want something a kinda complicated Fighter jet get the F86f. and if you want to fly a real complicated plane get the A10c Easy to fly,hard to learn.