Anti virus ? false positive

_RAAF_Smouch

Hi,

I have just installed dcs world and updated to 1.2.10.30996 and tonight when I tried to launch the game Avast antivirus move the BIN/pgf.dll to the virus chest and now I'm unable to launch the game to try and repair it.

Does anyone have any ideas of replacing the pgf.dll file?

~S~

Smouch

Goto your AV Software goto the Vault and release it,

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I am so tempted to say something about Avast...

Anyway, false positive. Again. Avast does this every two-three updates or so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Last Virus Scan I ran, I had 25 hits on "Potentially Unwanted Programs"

10 Being 3DS Plugins, 5 Being Photoshop Scripts, and the rest being random lil programs for Flight and Racing Sims. (and some DLLs for DCS and iRacing).

Virus Scanners/Anti-<whatever> Software is set to redonkulously stupid levels to make sure the internet impaired feel protected.

I don't run anything in regards to real time protection, Services for everything are set to manual, I start them run a scan, review, and turn it all off again.

Those Services use Memory and CPU Cycles to scan every file that is accessed in real-time.

RTP also scans files as you install applications and updates, if it "Thinks" one is a PUP/Virus, it will vault it and screw up your application.

If you follow good internet practices, you wont need RTP; 99% of Virus/Malware/Junk is installed by the user.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I never liked the strategy of AV Designers and their marketing....it's like selling a life insurance mandatory to a house loan and car finance.

Make money with the fear of others.

Deinstall Avast... and take any good free-2-use one every other week to scan your PC...and deinstall after usage.

There are so many good solutions out there, including SARDU USB-Boot stick, you can load a dozen scanners on it and scan your PC offline, while it's booted a ded. Linux and the scanner only,

a far better approach to find bad stuff anyways.

I personally run Mac and don't use any of the we-protect-you lies. Know what you click and you are safer than with any AV product.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

AVG Free + MalawareBytes + CCleaner. Computer Equivlent of Food,Oxygen and Water.

Decent Firewall, Popup Blocker/Browsing Habits and Security/Cookie Settings can eliminate the need for all 3 of those :p