DCS crashes occasionally

Rob8861

Hi Guys,

Every once in a while, DCS will crash during a mission. I have no clue why it happens.

I noticed that every crash generated a .crash file and .dump file but when I try to open them I get a bunch of gibrish so I guess the files might be binary.

I also looked at the dcs.log and noticed that the error happened when it tried to load a sound file or something like that.

The error message/line wasn't very detailed.

does anyone know how to read those .crash files or dump files? I'd like to know why it is crashing?

Thanks

system specs:

Windows 8.1

AMD fx-8320 4.0Ghz

Radeon R9-280

8GB of RAM

Hi Guys,

Every once in a while, DCS will crash during a mission. I have no clue why it happens.

I noticed that every crash generated a .crash file and .dump file but when I try to open them I get a bunch of gibrish so I guess the files might be binary.

I also looked at the dcs.log and noticed that the error happened when it tried to load a sound file or something like that.

The error message/line wasn't very detailed.

does anyone know how to read those .crash files or dump files? I'd like to know why it is crashing?

Thanks

system specs:

Windows 8.1

AMD fx-8320 4.0Ghz

Radeon R9-280

8GB of RAM

Upload those files. FAQ for details.

Others with that video card have had to increase the speed of the fans to prevent crashes.

Edited by AtaliaA1
R9

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.