AH-1 S or W? What do you want?

ericoh

AH-1 S or W? What do you want?  

839 members have voted

1. 1. AH-1 S or W? What do you want?

• AH-1G
    • AH-1S
    • AH-1W

a bit of muscle to that slender airframe.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer the AH-1W and so voted for that but TBH it really comes down to development time, I'd happily buy a modernised and Tows capable AH-1F / AH-1S next year if available.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Later exhaust looks crud though...

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Thank god they ask the community. that we just get another rocket launcher. That we can actually fire missiles

To be fair, they did not exactly ask us. They only mentioned that they might make the S or W variant instead of the G. This poll was a reaction to that to show them how much we would like to get a S or W (or G).

I'd like the W so we could use guided missiles. Other versions only had unguided munitions.

Not true.

TOW ("Tube-launched, Optically-tracked, Wire-guided")

The first Cobra that carried the TOW missile was the AH-1Q, which was later upgraded to the S--the version illustrated in the below schematic.

Bell_AH_1_G_Huey_Cobra_Model_209_photoref_077.jpg

• Like 1

I would gladly pay 60 bucks for AH-1 S Or AH-1W. The G model would be cool but that's it. It wouldn't last a second in a modern fight. Just my two cents. Also The euro tiger I Would pay 60 easy.

Heck, for a high fidelity sim of a W I'd pay more than 60 easily.

• Like 1

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

W definitely gets my vote. I was really dissapointed with the choice of the G and don't see any reason to own it. I'm sure it's already been said, but I can do basically the same thing in the Huey, plus I can do troop transport.

And all that said, I rarely fly the Huey... KA-50 keeps me very busy on the other hand.

So yeah.... if it's G I'm not buying. If it's W I'll preorder now!

And on a side note, great job on the other modules! Love em.

• Like 1

Yes the beauty of the W is that if you decide to go with sidewinders you loose your air to ground anti tank capability for that sortie.

Perfect DCS.... there are advantages and disadvantages.

Best SIM ever.

You could load 4 Hellfires and 1 Sidewinder instead of going all or nothing.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I kind of wanted the AH-1S to begin with, but if they're going to make the G variant, I'd like them to do with Whiskey version next. The S version would be treading over similar ground and doesn't add too much variety, while the AH-1W adds a lot more variation to the sim.

• Like 1

Wow, this is a difficult poll, can I vote any. ;)

While I have always dreamed of a Vietnam era map and aircraft to play with, which of course would require the G, I can appreciate the attraction of a more modern version and to be fair, those of us who enjoy our more vintage aircraft have been rather spoiled lately.

So I guess for the good of the community and should go with the majority and vote for the W.

To be honest, I'm really not bothered so long as I get another helicopter. :)

Very very difficult decision indeed, not really bothered about the weapon systems, as I just tend to enjoy the flying. Hell I can't remember the last time I used any of the aircraft in DCS in anger so to speak.

Cowboy10uk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Even I'd buy a Whiskey Cobra.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL