• AH-1S
    • AH-1W

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not hate me. . . .

I still want the G, a companion for the UH-1H

I have a dream they are skimming over palm trees . . . .

Vietnam scenario with transparent trees would be a huge immerson killer IMO.

And with W you can easily do what you can with G.

marine-helos-at-robins_100618-f-5350s-0021.jpg

:pilotfly:

Hm... the G well fits to the Huey/vietnam aera. Loach/Cobra hunter killer team would be very nice. Unfortunately, no little bird is in sight.

But, W would be a relative new aera U.S. Marine helicopters.

The S is no alternative. Would be again a aera isolated model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.

the "S" is a good in between choice....its a Q model with TOWs...perfect....it can fly a 1960 era and still fill a modern AH role....

...if you don't want a weak AH-1g, yet you don't want a modern electronic AH-1w...the AH-1s is a good choice...I can fly it in a Vietnam scenario without it being an immersion killer, yet i think I can kill a blackshark with it too...

...although I'm still leaning towards the "W" (because I like me some GPS)....the "S" should not be overlooked....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

AH-1W and AH-1W only. Because it fit's best in the current georgia environment and timeframe. It also has the most interesting weapon systems and avionic systems and you can reuse bigger parts of that code for a possible apache variant later.

A vietnam variant you can do later .. when we have non transparent trees and a vietnam map .. perhapes in 2020 ..

Some more reasons why the W:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JogGSyXK-Bk

AH-1W stands for AH-1 aWesome !

Edited by tobaschi

• ED Team
Vietnam scenario with transparent trees would be a huge immerson killer IMO.

And with W you can easily do what you can with G.

Trees do not concern me at all, but I would like to see a Vietnam scenario , I prefer closer engagements, not the stand off missile attacks. The G version is better matched with the UH-1H for the type of troop drop cover missions I like to fly.

It is just my personal opinion, but I can see I am in a minority group.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I already have 2 rocket slingers ( Huey and Mi-8 ). If I can't take on tanks then I believe I will keep my money in my wallet this time. I would feel like I was buying another Huey ( though less capable with no troop transport ).

Just my opinion.

Beyond that...... HIND.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a Vietnam era and Huey fan/enthusiast, I was happy to see the Gulf model in the pipeline ... But I sadly have to admit yes, we have too many rocket launchers for the moment, and until we have a good Vietnam map and scenarios with finely made campaing and ground units, it's pointless to have a G model in modern caucasus nor Nevada ...

So I voted for the Whiskey one, which will be the counterpart of the Kamov, until the Apache comes out. Only the TOW missile capability make it a more serious threat on the battlefield than any unguided rocket launchers that all Huey gunships/Cobra/Cayuse were ...

But from the only " Aircraft " point of view and flying stuff, I would go for the AH-1G , the Huey best friend in Vietnam like Gazelles and Tigres are for our french Pumas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

I'm imagining that the W will likely take longer to produce than either the G or S, and it's something many flight simmers need to remember. It's probably going to be a major step up in terms of combat systems from what Belsimtek has done so far.

Having said that, waiting longer for a more modern W is something I personally am willing to go for. It takes a long time for any module to be produced, and for me having a blue side combat heli that can go into zones as hot as the Ka-50 can is worth the extra time it might take.

One more factor for the S/W camp: the biggest asset the G model had was the flechette ("nails") anti-personnel rockets used to saturate an area. Since DCS does not currently model frag damage, the huge advantage of the G may be nerfed by the sim engine.

With the S/F you can still mount rockets and play the COIN role with steam gauges (though with the 20mm cannon instead of the 7.62mm minigun), but you would at least have the TOW for standoff capability.

Edited by Home Fries

I tried to find some info about the S variant but failed to it.

Could someone list me please the features compare to the G.

edit: TOW and engines

I am 100% for the W, we need a modern western heli.

But I would also suggest BST to do the different variants and sell it separetly.

Edited by Neon67