Mi8 trim problem

Fawlty56

After the last patch I've run into a problem where I lose joystick control for a brief period after hitting "T" trim

Hop in the Mi8 and hit the trim button preferably on the ground, fully fired up.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit; Just tried it in the Huey with no problems.

Edited by Fawlty56

Intel 3570 @ 4.2 GHz w/Antec Kuhler 920 Cooling l ASUS P8Z77-V Pro l CoolerMaster HAF X Case l Corsair HX 850 l Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr-sli | 4-SSDs - 1.25tb l Win7 64 l Asus 27"1080p lCH-PT,FS,PP,TQ lTIR4/TCP lG25 Wheel

Unchecking "Central Position Trimmer Mode" (Options/Special/Mi-8MTV2 tab) might help maybe.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks Devrim

That did the trick

Intel 3570 @ 4.2 GHz w/Antec Kuhler 920 Cooling l ASUS P8Z77-V Pro l CoolerMaster HAF X Case l Corsair HX 850 l Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr-sli | 4-SSDs - 1.25tb l Win7 64 l Asus 27"1080p lCH-PT,FS,PP,TQ lTIR4/TCP lG25 Wheel

You're welcome, and welcome to DCS forums. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 years later...
Hello

I send the record before the start of the Mi-8 When pressed to trim the cyclic control lever, the lever itself leans to the right side. This is a bug. Bug in the trim bug in hover control.

Turn off the "control helper" in special options for Mi-8.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think the trimmer is broken.

I have set the trimmer mode to "Joystick without Springs and FFB". The helicopter starts pre-trimmed about 20% down and right. And it will not respond to trimming commands. It does make the trimming click sound but it will not set the trim to the new position. Also trim-reset won't work.

And yes, I know I have to let go of the stick to allow the trimmer to set itself to the new position because I am using a stick without FFB. All of this worked until recently.

Using the "default" option in trimmer mode does accept trim commands but with the problem of the stick getting offset (because that is the mode for ffb sticks)

I have set the trimmer mode to "Joystick without Springs and FFB". The helicopter starts pre-trimmed about 20% down and right. And it will not respond to trimming commands. It does make the trimming click sound but it will not set the trim to the new position. Also trim-reset won't work.

And yes, I know I have to let go of the stick to allow the trimmer to set itself to the new position because I am using a stick without FFB. All of this worked until recently.

Using the "default" option in trimmer mode does accept trim commands but with the problem of the stick getting offset (because that is the mode for ffb sticks)

Both "default" and "central position [..]" work the same way when using non-FFB stick. Double check if the special options weren't messed up on Your install after latest update, because what You describe sounds exactly like "control helper" being turned on.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.