Lag/warping issue since 1.2.10

Buckeye

Is ED aware of this issue? It seems pretty wide spread since the update with a lot of people pissed off about it, so I am guessing they are, but I figured I'd start a thread just in case it somehow hadn't made it's way here yet.

If ED is aware, are they aware of what they screwed up with the update so we can get an estimate of when a hotfix will be available? (long shot on that one, I know)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Are you referring to multiplayer?

I have updated and am playing single player with no issues whatsoever......................

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

This is the first I've heard of it,

That being said, if you're gonna submit a bug report, do so professionally. (leave out the foul language and condescending tone)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

This is the first I've heard of it,

That being said, if you're gonna submit a bug report, do so professionally. (leave out the foul language and condescending tone)

Sorry, I'm not seeing the foul language? Tone is all in how you read the text, I read the text with a tone that is perfectly appropriate. Apologies that you read it otherwise.

Bug report: Substantial intermittent lag on MP servers (reported amongst a large number of users since 1.2.10 release). Lag is experienced most times by only some users within the server, but not necessarily all users at the same time. So far I would say it's 50/50 for times I log on to fly that I do or don't experience it. My ping to the sever is between 60 and 80. This lagging is resulting in extreme warping of: taxiing jets, jets taking off, jets in flight, contacts on radar, locked contacts, pretty much everywhere. Also resulting is the weird glitch of dark grey trails/lines strobing across the screen.

Cheers.

edit: upon review, I am guessing the condescending tone comment was driven by my "long shot, I know" comment. I meant long shot that they would give a firm date outside of an official release, which was meant to be a fair statement that is supported by historical evidence.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

"P**'d off"

"ED Screwed Up" etc etc etc.

"hot fix (long shot on that one)."

etc.

-What's the Specs of the Server?

-What's the Specs of the Server's Internet Connection?

-What's everyone's Network Settings?

-How many Users are on the Server?

-How Complicated are the Missions?

-How Many People are trying to connect to the server from long distances w/ High pings?

it takes ONE user logging in from a bad connection to bring everyone else down.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

...it takes ONE user logging in from a bad connection to bring everyone else down.
Serious; Really? I wasn't aware of that actually.

If so, every user has to take care about this. We should not connect high ping rated servers, or after connected, we must check self ping... :\

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I was playing the latest 1.2.10 update the past 2 evenings and I have the same feeling, can't nail it down or be more precise yet BUT, across my 3-4 standard servers ( VA-Server, 104th, 51th,... )

I did notice a few things:

A: FPS drop down from 30-40 down to 10-20 which I didn't have before ( Ka-50, P-51, Su25T tested ). Happens out of the blue, no scenery density etc. seems to trigger it.

B: random stand-still scenarios for 1-5 seconds, sometimes it catches back up, sometimes it DONT ;(

I can't say more in detail and it might only be my specific machine.

I can provide the latest logs and dxdiags if needed ( need to reboot to Win7 )

My pings vary from 20-30ms on VA up to 150ms on 104th and some in-between. Before 1.2.10 the 150-ping never was a big problem so I don't think that was the cause for stand-still etc..

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

it takes ONE user logging in from a bad connection to bring everyone else down.

DO YOU RECOMMEND TO REFRAIN FROM LOGGING INTO SERVERS WITH 100+ PING ?

From which ping upwards does it cause problems ? any corner stone numbers to adjust on ?

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

-What's the Specs of the Server? 104th and 77th, they aren't my server so I sadly don't know the specs. Maybe someone else can advise.

-What's the Specs of the Server's Internet Connection? Same as above.

-What's everyone's Network Settings? There are multiple people in the server at any given time, it'd be very hard (read: impossible) to give you that data.

-How many Users are on the Server? Between 14 and 27, varying. Sadly there is no correlation to the server population and the issues, it runs fine when at the full 27 sometimes and lags/warps when it's down to 14 or less too.

-How Complicated are the Missions? Not very complicated at all on the 104th, the 77th has more ground clutter, etc. it seems.

-How Many People are trying to connect to the server from long distances w/ High pings? The times I've checked, pings were under 200.

I've experienced some minor lag spikes, etc. before but nothing like this :( Maybe a warp here or there, but not this consistent and not this severe. Everyone in the in-game chat is reporting that this has been a major issue since 1.2.10. I don't know how much this helps but I hope it at least gets the ball rolling on looking into it.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Serious; Really? I wasn't aware of that actually.

If so, every user has to take care about this. We should not connect high ping rated servers, or after connected, we must check self ping... :\

yeah, I play on a few servers 5-20 guys in A-10Cs and stuff,

we had 5+ hours of lag free at 20 ships, every pilot was within the same time zone except 2,

and then one guy joined from another country his ping was sub200, but his packet loss from connecting from the other side of the ocean was just severe and everyone started warping, as soon as his connection failed and he disconnected, it stopped.

I've seen it multiple times.

There's a Reason almost every MP Game has Region Settings in MP, to avoid this problem.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126896&page=18

More complaints of similar nature of the new patch's impact on MP stability.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Skate have you heard anything more specific on this or gotten any new updates?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• 2 weeks later...

Old Wisdom still seems to apply:

Avoid MP Servers with 50+ ping and you got no headaches :)

Join one with 80+ and hell brakes loose, for all on that server.

Are the numbers somewhat correct ??

It would be nice to have some feedback on the magic numbers where things tend to get nasty.

Bit

Old Wisdom still seems to apply:

Avoid MP Servers with 50+ ping and you got no headaches :)

Join one with 80+ and hell brakes loose, for all on that server.

Are the numbers somewhat correct ??

It would be nice to have some feedback on the magic numbers where things tend to get nasty.

Bit

Great, now i will have MP look like SP cuz all the good servers that have people are around 150 ping for me

I would say those numbers are a bit low. I connect to the VA server with a 150ish ping and fly quite stable on there. Yes, it does get warpy at times, but ping isnt always the cause of that. Its quality of connection, lost packets and such that cause server instability.

I would say those numbers are a bit low. I connect to the VA server with a 150ish ping and fly quite stable on there. Yes, it does get warpy at times, but ping isnt always the cause of that. Its quality of connection, lost packets and such that cause server instability.

This - Packet loss is the main factor in warping AFAIK, DCS can be quite playable, even past 200 ping.

This - Packet loss is the main factor in warping AFAIK, DCS can be quite playable, even past 200 ping.

Yes, i forgot to mention that i have 150ish ping on 104th server and didn`t had any problems till last couple of connections when warping got so intense that my locks and missiles go wild most of the time so i can fire all my missiles at a close range distance and not to score a single hit :helpsmilie:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been hosting a server, and the desync with AI planes is horrendous. There are periods where they all behave nicely, and then sometimes they are just bouncing 5000 meters up and down. Is there a practical limit on how many AI units can be spawned? My CPU or bandwidth is not being stressed, so I suspect it's either a temporarily problem with netcode or I have too many units.

Are the MP missions using MIST? See this post for a possible cause.

Maybe related to activation of AI units (even without MIST)?

No MIST being used here. Mission was running fine when I went to bed. I woke up, restarted the server, and now the units are doing their desync dance.

It must be the air unit spawns. I have a good number of them (15?).

Edited by AviatorMoser

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is relevant - I just started a small two aircraft server, no mods, using the Mig21. Two aircraft only, no other units at all. Both PC's set to 'LAN' connection, in the same city, using the same ISP and the connection was absolutely terrible, and we had quite a few 'connection interrupted' messages, as well as 'ghost' players (he left, then rejoined, only to see another version of 'him' still occupying the only other aircraft!)

I haven't played multiplayer for a while, but it seemed really bad. I can't believe this would be considered normal, but it is of course only one case.