F15c Keyboard Controls !

FlankerNation

I m playing lockon for over 10 years with keyboard and I m really really good at it by when I took control of F15c you guys changed the way we use to control the jets from keyboard.

I mean the way we currently control the su27, su25t, mig29c etc is PERFECT ! but with F15C is hell !

1. Ctrl+J to display the pitch, roll and throttle to show status.

2. when we pitch up and down its should stay there ! not automatically center itself !!!.

3. with the roll center itself is fine but with the pitch please bring back the old method !

When you pitch up it should hold that pitch until we manually bring it back to the center and I m not talking about trimming controls here I am talking about simple great old flight keyboard that use to be in Lockon Series !.

SOME OF US CAN'T AFFORD FLIGHT STICKS YOU KNOW.

Thank you.

I don't mean to be mean, but sticks start at under 5 bucks on amazon with a very reliable Logitech 3d Pro for under 30.

If after 10 years you haven't managed to put 500 penny's aside, yet you're so invested into DCS then something ain't right...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz

H100i

256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD Crucial+ WD Blue

16 Gb Ram DDR3-1866-C9R Mhz Veng. Pro.

GA-Z97X-G5

SuperNova 750 G2

As I said ED should fix this problem ... I don't want to buy a stick... The old method was brilliant for me to play with the keyboard. When you press down arrow key the pitch or elevators should stay there not center itself.

I really don't understand why they changed it when the old method of handling the aircraft with keyboard was awesome. Only allow Roll and Rudder to center automatically but pitch leave as before PLEASE ED FOR GOD SAKE !

Edited by FlankerNation
Forgot something

2. when we pitch up and down its should stay there ! not automatically center itself !!!.

I do not understand how anyone can like that. A few times I've flown on the keyboard and I hated having to recenter pitch manually. It just makes no sense.

In anycase, try changing your controls to adjust elevator trim instead of pitch.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Have noticed though, On the Su-25T, when flying level, I tried a slight climb but suddenly I had to trim it down continuously to keep it from going crazy vertical... No major speed changes! Felt a bit like a full p-51 fuselage tank where you'd have to start pushing down again on the stick to keep it level...

Is that what you're referring too?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz

H100i

256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD Crucial+ WD Blue

16 Gb Ram DDR3-1866-C9R Mhz Veng. Pro.

GA-Z97X-G5

SuperNova 750 G2

Flanker, get a stick dude!

you really are missing the fluidity of this game.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

As I said ED should fix this problem ... I don't want to buy a stick... The old method was brilliant for me to play with the keyboard. When you press down arrow key the pitch or elevators should stay there not center itself.

I really don't understand why they changed it when the old method of handling the aircraft with keyboard was awesome. Only allow Roll and Rudder to center automatically but pitch leave as before PLEASE ED FOR GOD SAKE !

They introduced the afm in order to better simulate the physics involved.

The F15 isn't "centering" itself as if there was some kind of automatism doing that... the nose goes either up or down depending on drag, basically.

If you don't have enough speed in order to keep the nose up, then it'll come down, and if you are diving too fast, the nose will normally tend to go up.

The flight models of Russian fighters are still unrealistic, that's why you think they are perfect...they defy the laws of physics (as most arcade games do), lol. Fortunately, this isn't Ace Combat (I tried the last one for free on Steam last week... WHAT A PATHETIC GAME!!! LOL)

Meet your new joystick:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1407648502&sr=1-1&keywords=joystick

Buy this one, it's the one I have, works pretty well, it's sturdy and fluid, you won't find a better joystick for that kind of price.

If you can't spend $30 in this, then you can't buy a DCS module either, so stop this nonsense, lol. You can use the joystick in several games, so this investment isn't limited to DCS World. Try it and notice the huge improvement.

PS: There's a thing called elevator/aileron trim. You might want to use it, it'll probably mitigate your control problems.

ED can make an option for it for us keyboard simulators guys. I mean how hard is too do that.

And regarding that all you guys saying that it is automated because of drag n stuff is wrong because in joystick when you pull the nose up you have to pull down the stick and keep it hold it where you want to control the pitch.

So, as with same with keyboard when I want to control my pitch with keyboard arrow keys not that they center itself automatically like in the Arcade sim ! in arcade sim they center itself not in Hard core sim like this.

Let the user decide if he needs to purchase the stick or not ... NOT FORCE THEM !

So I would suggest ED should make an option to turn on or off this feature or fix this because it will affect the user with stick also. But those of us who are playing with keyboards for so many years have a really bad time enjoying the sim.

Please ED I love dog-fighting with keyboard I don't need joystick its just a simple solution and a request... some of us are very bussy in life and have small time to enjoy sim in life so we want to fire it up and play with the keyboards in our offices and in small hidden spaces from our wives to play with keyboard.

Holding that pitch with the keyboard that is all I asked for...:cry::thumbup::helpsmilie:

I used to fly without joystick for long years myself (that was more than a decade ago though). I always thought "don't really need a joystick".

Than I got this :

http://www.pjcomputers.net/images/products/display/AVENGERProQuickshotAvengerJoystickQS203Awith15PinGamePortConnector.jpg

Quickshot Avenger, cheap, old, crummy flight stick :)

From then on I thought to myself "WTF was I thinking with keyboard?!". I really can't think of flying any serious sim without a flight strick. I used Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for years, cheap and very good stick, you can find new for about 50-60 $ or even less. A few weeks ago I bought a used Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 for less than 50$, and it's simply awesome.

Either way of keyboard control method you describe is still far off worse than even the cheapest flight stick, and even cheapest flight sticks are endurable enough for a decade+.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script