G940 Trim still broken?

I'm still finding it impossible to use the trimmer with my G940, its like I can only trim to extremes. Either central or full deflection

Am I doing something wrong? or is this a known issue and being worked on?

Controls are set as following:

FFB on

Swap Axis OFF

Invert X OFF

Invery Y OFF

Trimmer force : 100

Shake force: 50

Central trimmer mode OFF

Rudder trim ON

Yep that sorted it! Thanks!

Cool! :o)

I wondered about this myself, too. Maybe it is a bug, I don't know. But it seems that the FFB trimming logic ignores the curves while the joystick input takes them into account.

If you have a curve that, lets say, gives 0% steering input for 0% pysical deflection (i.e. centered) and 70% steering input for 50% physical deflection and 100% for 100%.

To me it seems, as if DCS treats it this way:

• physical deflection 50% --> applying curves --> virtual stick 70%
  • pressing trimm
  • DCS: "hey, FFB stick, trimm yourself at 70%!"

I could understand this behaviour if the curves were set in the joystick driver software and DCS would know nothing about them. But imo DCS could simply translate the curves back:

• virtual stick 70% --> inverse curves applying --> "Hey, FFB stick, trimm at 50%!"

oh well. :o)

I think probably the simplest method would be for the DCS software to just take the raw coordinates of the sticks position and set that as the FFB trim position. This opproach is highly simplistic and just works...

Just as proof try checking out simFFB. It does exactly what I described above and it works great. Only problem with this software is it doesn't integrate in any way with DCS. So when you trim, the FFB works great but the avionics of your aircraft don't respond to that trim command. So for Blackshark I would enable the flight director for MI-8 just don't enable the heading trim channel.

I think probably the simplest method would be for the DCS software to just take the raw coordinates of the sticks position and set that as the FFB trim position. This opproach is highly simplistic and just works...

Just as proof try checking out simFFB. It does exactly what I described above and it works great. Only problem with this software is it doesn't integrate in any way with DCS. So when you trim, the FFB works great but the avionics of your aircraft don't respond to that trim command. So for Blackshark I would enable the flight director for MI-8 just don't enable the heading trim channel.

Hrm, that is quite awkward. I would not want to give up on the actual trim functionality of the respectve helo. ESPECALLY not in the Blackshark - resorting to only using the FD is not gonna cut it.

I know SimFFB and have used it extensively. But if you use the same button for trim in SimFFB and in the DCS mapping, you end up with the curves issue again as the "set new trim position" command of DCS overrides the position SimFFB has set.

For me, in any case, the only acceptable workaround for this issue is to not use any curves on my FFB stick when flying helos.

Edited by Flagrum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...