TAD Map Tiles

Fri13

I have started to fly A-10C now and I have such a problem with the TAD that comes from its used map style from what I can't always see anything relevant as they are digitalized maps from hand drawn maps. And if zooming, it suddenly change the map tile set so I need to focus what got changed.

But I like ABRIS in KA-50, its maps are very efficient and accurate. As it is same as in the world map view, I started to search is there way to get the map tile changed somehow for A-10C TAD.

If TAD would have possibility show map what world map (ABRIS) shows, it would make so much nicer to fly that plane.

So is there way to change it? A modification or replacing file(s) or anything?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You can force the TAD map to stay the same by clicking OSB20 (the top left corner of the TAD page). You can cycle between AUTO, MAN, and OFF.

AUTO will change the map as you zoom in and out. MAN will keep whichever map type that was selected when you changed to MAN. OFF will turn the map off and give you a black backdrop.

You can force the TAD map to stay the same by clicking OSB20 (the top left corner of the TAD page). You can cycle between AUTO, MAN, and OFF.

AUTO will change the map as you zoom in and out. MAN will keep whichever map type that was selected when you changed to MAN. OFF will turn the map off and give you a black backdrop.

That is known thing, thank You. But It isn't The Problem.

The Map isn't accurate enough and line widht is too thick, colors are bad and details are missing.

Yes,

A10 uses images, with different scales. They are matched with the TAD ranging, and swap when the range threshold is reached. I either keep it in manual, or swich maps off all together. Putting maps in manual gives very little information except when the map matches the currently set TAD range. Its old technology.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

So the problem is that A-10 is using raster maps in different resolutions

and ka-50 is using the same vector map that DCS world is using is that correct?

I believe the world uses ABRIS map tile sets what has been easy to do once the maps are anyhow done for it, like soviets could have done.

And the A-10C uses the US military maps what are paper scans digitalized in real world. http://i3.minus.com/idzsOnqZqPbGG.jpg photos collected by forum member "Daze"(http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87512)

Both are bitmaps in game but because other is from vector graphics it allows cleaner conversion for each zoom in game. Although, I could think Soviets made ABRIS data in vectors as it is easy to store and update even.

But if it would be possible swap map tiles files in DCS, even being unrealistic, it would make using TAD much much nicer. Instead guessing location in a half kilometer accuracy it could be in accuracy of a house or road side.

As the greatest benefit to have TAD is to really have awareness where you are heading and where your waypoints etc are, easy to do turma toward enemy from there. But even more is use the TAD to make SPI and broadcast it to other sensors (TMS short Right + CHS Long Forward) as that really save time what otherwise is wasted to operate TGP.

And low quality mapping data makes it still slow, instead like with ABRIS where it is easy and fast as player can see everything else than height map, what is TAD benefit in game.

Throw there a ABRIS capability to render LOS of known air defences and their ranges and it becomes very easy to operate.

But just having more accurate and clear mapping data would help a lot A-10C flying and save time spend searching targets with TGP.