Shortcut keys for the doppler system

Does anyone know of any shortcut keys for using the doppler system?

Specifically adjusting the range of a track and setting the course of a track?

It would be nice not to have to fiddle about with mouse while trying to fly the helicopter with a broken stability autopilot.

If there are shortcut keys I could just map them to my hotas.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Just yesterday I started to edit in commands for the Mi-8 and in that process added commands for the coordinates calculator on the copilot's dash.

I have to admit I have very limited knowledge and experience with the Mi-8, so I don't know if that calculator is in fact the doppler nav you are looking for.

More commands for the Mi-8 are coming, once I got to know her better, know what systems actually are working and what not (in the current build).

You can find the commands, amongst many others, in this thread.

Greetings

MadCat

Thanks very much MadCat. I'll give them a try. One thing to note was that you put links to posts 25 and 26 for the MI-8 button scripts but the post 26 link took me to post 25. Initially confused I soon realised and clicked page 3 of you thread and found the info. Thanks again for you help.

Corrected the faulty links, thanks for the hint.:thumbup:

Top right corner said it is #26, yet the content indeed was that of #25.

Working correctly now.

Feedback about Mi-8 controls is appreciated, I'm not very familiar with her.

Also let me know what frequently needed commands are still missing, I'll add them once done with the F-86.

Greetings

MadCat

I finally got to have a go of the code suggestions you've added for the coordinate calculator. They do indeed correspond to the doppler navigation system. Great work.

I'm sort of baffled as to why all these control options aren't just included in the lua files by default. Do you have to hunt around in the code to find these 'hidden' or 'missing' commands? Surely it is a better policy for the developers to include all possible command inputs in the control options but simply not have them all mapped. At least then the user has the option of mapping these commands should they feel they're important.