[1.2.10] Loss of joystick inputs during MP missions

Description: you are in the game (both SP & MP), playing as usual with the same hotas profile, and suddenly, you loose the joystick input (Warthog) whatever you are doing, whatever the plane (happened to Su-33/Su-25(T)/P-51 for sure).

Reproducibility: it happened several times on different MP missions, but for 4 people at least in our wing. Each of them faced the issue one-by-one (no global black-out for everyone). Could this happen also in solo ? Maybe, we don't play solo.

How-to reproduce: play online and wait until it happens... sorry but nothing more.

I am gonna check DCS logs soon, but T.A.R.G.E.T. ones are clean.

Does anyone already face the same issue ?

Edited by galevsky06

Yesterday, I strayed into the options of the DCS and suddenly I saw that there is no command for Su27, all columns were empty. After restart the DCS it was ok. Maybe it's related to this problem? I did not go into the MP a few days, so I do not know what is waiting for me... :joystick:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Ok, changing the title....

This is an important 1.2.10 issue blocking both SP/MP, thank you for your comments. ;)

Waiting for hotfix, if we can do something to help on investigation, run some tests and so on, please do not hesitate !

Edited by galevsky06

Just an addition: I also face troubles with my Track Ir 5 yesterday: I suddenly saw the view shaking and hard-turning during a small move from my head. Twice. I then check again that the location of my head was OK for the sensor, and it was.

It was the first time -in my DCS-life- that I faced this TIr behavior. What about some possible side effect ? Perhaps due to some input lag/bug/whatever ?

I've never lost HOTAS commands, but in various times, I lost keyboard inputs or headtrack.

3~5 weeks ago (in v1.2.9), it was enough to push/pull virtual cyclic all the way, if I push/pull my stick for 2 millimeter. It was unbelievable...

Many things happening in MP while server is crashing or falling in lag...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Just an addition: I also face troubles with my Track Ir 5 yesterday: I suddenly saw the view shaking and hard-turning during a small move from my head. Twice. I then check again that the location of my head was OK for the sensor, and it was.

It was the first time -in my DCS-life- that I faced this TIr behavior. What about some possible side effect ? Perhaps due to some input lag/bug/whatever ?

I have this occassionally, too. The cause here is that the camera picks up some random IR source. This can be a burning cigarette or even too bright sunlight shining through the window in the back of my room. You can lower the filter in the TIR software, but sometimes that doesn't help.

The perhaps important part: this "over sensitivity" seems to get worse during the months and years I use TIR. (Or the sun gets hotter ...? :o) So this might be just a sign of an aging TIR camera?

I've never lost HOTAS commands, but in various times, I lost keyboard inputs or headtrack.

3~5 weeks ago (in v1.2.9), it was enough to push/pull virtual cyclic all the way, if I push/pull my stick for 2 millimeter. It was unbelievable...

Many things happening in MP while server is crashing or falling in lag...

True. But server was not lagging and everything was fine for the remaining 14 pilots. Suddenly no inputs, no lag, full FPS. Aircraft controlled by keyboard only, warthog was fully out (no buttons, no axis at all). It happened to other guys on the same server at different time. We play several times a week on this dedicated server, you can trust me, there is a new bug in da place.

Edited by galevsky06

I think it's a bug, too, but I don't know, purposely if it can be reproducible or not.

Once, I was in the air with Su-27 (level flight engaged). I hit the key to get Briefing Window, then saw a message and hit Tab to type a reply. Then everything froze. I can't type, I can't exit chat and briefing window, I can't see my way. May many seconds (maybe a few minutes) later, my keyboard came back. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I have this occassionally, too. The cause here is that the camera picks up some random IR source. This can be a burning cigarette or even too bright sunlight shining through the window in the back of my room. You can lower the filter in the TIR software, but sometimes that doesn't help.

Not this kind of troubles here, I fly several hours a week + Arma (sometimes) with TIr, started with TIr 2, then TIr 3 for a lot of years now, then TIr 5.... and I know when my TIr is tracking another source. I was playing in the darkness of my room yesterday night, with the same light to the right side of the office, there is a wall behind, and the conditions were the same as usual. The move of a TIR was 'disordinate' (make me feel like Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease)

The perhaps important part: this "over sensitivity" seems to get worse during the months and years I use TIR. (Or the sun gets hotter ...? :o) So this might be just a sign of an aging TIR camera?
Yep, my first thoughts were about a dysfunctional device, due to aging, but now I wonder if there is a link with DCS and its peripheral inputs bug. I can't describe you the behavior precisely, but I have never seen any of my TIrs behave like that.
Edited by galevsky06

I can relate to those problems.

First try after updating to 1.2.10, all my cougar buttons were not working (but axis yes).

I went into the controler options and saw that all the mappings were gone. I tried to load my diff.lua but nothing happened. So i remapped all buttons but in game cougar buttons were not working.

I'm using TARGET profiles (via script editor), and what i saw in the option is that in 1.2.10 the controlers list has both the thrustmaster combined joystick (a virtual stick that is created when you run a TARGET profile) and my cougar which is not normal, the options should only see the combined stick.

About loss of keyboard commands, i experience that since 1.2.8. Sometimes, after a mission loading i only have some keys that are working. Sometimes even the esc command doesn't work at all...

And i also experienced the track IR shaking after updating to 1.2.10. Had to do many restarts to have it correct.

Definitely a show stopper for now :)

Core I7 4770K-16Gb DDR3 1800- SLI MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2Gb-Win 7 64 bit - TM Cougar

Now is not only Joystick... mouse and keyboard not work. Where is the end of this foolishness I kindly ask??? Really, it's time to at least the basic things solve. Third party, this is what ... as long anymore? Take us back to 1.2.8 and everything after that resolve with beta testers. P L E A S E!

Join the server/ Wanna say: Hi All (on chat) / can`t push enter, can`t move mouse, can`t exit from chat...................................................................................

Edited by Falcon_S

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

I have to ask as the user FC3 thus the DCS World:

- Why FC3 owners have to pay tribute to the faulty modules?

- Why adjust FC3 to defective and not enough un/tested modules?

We all know that we are the last two updates have made because the F86 and Dora. Why I as a FC3 user need to adapt to them? I really do not care what they have and fly with F86, Dora or mig21, simply does not interest me. I paid FC3 and want to enjoy it. Am I asking too much?

I have to ask as the user FC3 thus the DCS World:

- Why FC3 owners have to pay tribute to the faulty modules?

- Why adjust FC3 to defective and not enough un/tested modules?

We all know that we are the last two updates have made because the F86 and Dora. Why I as a FC3 user need to adapt to them? I really do not care what they have and fly with F86, Dora or mig21, simply does not interest me. I paid FC3 and want to enjoy it. Am I asking too much?

Isn't your FC3 not part of DCS World, too? Like any other module as for example the F86 or the Dora?

Isn't your FC3 not part of DCS World, too? Like any other module as for example the F86 or the Dora?

Of course it is. But FC3 not had these problems until they do update and the update was because of dora and F86. The fact. And is not there some confusion, is that testers are not able to determine? Honestly, I do not know the testing procedure but ... maybe test segment must be extended.

Edited by Falcon_S