To Patch or not to patch?

RedAssAg05

Howdy! Thanks to a gogamer.com deal I was able to finally get my long-coveted TrackIR4 and a new copy of LOMAC, jumping back into the cockpit after nearly two years without! Been flying off and on for two weeks now, and I'm looking for the best way to optimize game performance, and my experience.

So I guess I'm asking for a little advice. I have a clean install of Lock On Gold (1.1). I'm trying to decide if it's worth the try of patching to 1.12a(after purusing this forum, I've found that there are several issues with it...for some people they are old, others seem to believe they were created), or if I should stay the course for now since most things seem to work fairly well (someone was saying that 1.12a breaks some training missions?) and just get some of the smaller fixes, like the Ground LOD fix.

I'm running a P4 2.4GHz on 533 FSB with 1GB of PC3200 DDR (dual channel), Radeon 9800Pro 128MB with 5.13 Catalyst drivers. Probably going to go on up to 6.2

Another thing; the season pack on the downloads page of lockon.ru; says I have to purchase other downloads first...I've purcahsed Lock On Gold, is there a way I can get it, or do I have to wait for Black Shark (something I'm more than willing to do;-)

Thanks for listening! Oh, and I'm sure you may hear from me sooner or later regarding a random issue where after 40+ minutes of single player flight, the computer restarts...only happened a couple times, so I'm not going to say anything more yet, but I've searched these forums (and many other places) and haven't found too much in the way of a similar problem.

Thanks again, and thank you ED for making this game better, and keeping the best flight combat sim since Jane's USAF alive and kicking!

Regards,

Chris

Lock On Gold already contains al this stuff. And if you want to play online, definitely patch to 1.12a.

Regarding restarts: Overheating perhaps? LOMAC causes my gfx card to heat up more than other games.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda