Flaming cliff question

Okie thanks but whats with starforce anyways? wtf 5 tries? Can i delete it?

No, it's an integral part of the software designed to prevent people copying the damn thing. It's working very well indeed as copy-protection so far, and I think ED are just living with the occasional complaint.

Having said that, they've upped the limit to 15 reactivations (not reinstalls, you don't need to reactivate unless you change 40% of your hardware) and they will give you a new activation code if you can justify having used all your activations already.

Just read the manual carefully - sometimes if it's set to auto-activate it WILL try and reactivate when you just reinstall, and that will burn through them. ED are usually understanding on that one, though.

Are you so damn pretty sure that they would issue me a new activation code because im planning to set up a new rig in the near future and i might used up 15 of its activation limits.....

They've done it in the past.

If you use up 15 activations on a single upgrade, though, you're doing something wrong :p

Are you so damn pretty sure that they would issue me a new activation code because im planning to set up a new rig in the near future and i might used up 15 of its activation limits.....

Why not just buy the CD version and cut out all the hassles.. You don't even need to have the CD in the drive when playing.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Plus you can write down and save the activation key for your system. I have installed FC about 3 times now (due to errors when applyign the texture upgrades), only used activation twice (2nd time I saved the key and used this in the 3rd install). I am sure you can do this (although it was a while ago and brain is a little foggy).

umm...i'm just wondering since you are worried about the activations thing, why not just buy the cd version? IMHO its better since the download version was like the "early" release of FC therefore you later have to install the season pack and some LOD thing. As for the cd versions, those 2 things are already intergrated into the game so you skip that hassle. Plus you skip the hassle of the activations thing, once you patch it up to 1.12a, the game only requires you to put in the cd once a week. You can get the FC cd over at naturalpoint.com or if you run down to your local store (depending where you live) and pick up lock on gold which has both original and FC. Note: their cds might be defective because of a priniting error so just to be safe, order from naturalpoint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a bit off, but is it possible to have a 1.02 install and a seperate Flaming cliffs install on my computer?

Yes it is.

Recommended route:

Install Lomac, patch to v1.02.

Copy the v1.02 installation into another folder.

Install Flaming Cliffs over the v1.02 install.

If you run each version from the lockon.bat file, then they should both work just fine :)

Thanks buddy, I'll try that:)

There is something else. Add-ons that I install with modman don't work at all. I tried some skins and texture mods but nothing showed up in the game. The add-ons I tried were supposed to work with FC.

I'm also looking for a nice afterburner texture, something like oxyd's blue and orange AF texture in 1.02, but I haven't found anything that good for 1.1 yet.

umm...i'm just wondering since you are worried about the activations thing, why not just buy the cd version? IMHO its better since the download version was like the "early" release of FC therefore you later have to install the season pack and some LOD thing. As for the cd versions, those 2 things are already intergrated into the game so you skip that hassle. Plus you skip the hassle of the activations thing, once you patch it up to 1.12a, the game only requires you to put in the cd once a week. You can get the FC cd over at naturalpoint.com or if you run down to your local store (depending where you live) and pick up lock on gold which has both original and FC. Note: their cds might be defective because of a priniting error so just to be safe, order from naturalpoint.

No worries i already dowloaded the game before you posted and working great thanks for the input and i might do it your way for black shark im a cd fan anyway

Thanks buddy, I'll try that:)

There is something else. Add-ons that I install with modman don't work at all. I tried some skins and texture mods but nothing showed up in the game. The add-ons I tried were supposed to work with FC.

I'm also looking for a nice afterburner texture, something like oxyd's blue and orange AF texture in 1.02, but I haven't found anything that good for 1.1 yet.

The texture files don't change much between versions, so I'm not quite sure what's going on there.

How exactly did you install these files with ModMan?

I don't know what caused the add-ons not to show up, but reinstalling Modman solved the problem. The first add-ons I tried were made for 1.02 and by not showing up made me think they don't work in 1.1, and that's why I asked about the afterburner texture. Trying 1.1 add-ons did not work either, so I went out, had a couple of beers, came back, reinstalled Modman. Everything works, skins, afterburner etc....