When logging onto a multiplayer server, DCS stops working.

mjmorrow

Looks like your system doesn't meet the minimum specs with the 32bit OS? Did it work before? Errors are Out Of Memory in log file.

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 6 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 8GB; Hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 / ATI 6950 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Looks like your system doesn't meet the minimum specs with the 32bit OS? Did it work before? Errors are Out Of Memory in log file.

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 6 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 8GB; Hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 / ATI 6950 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

It used to work for me. I used to play multiplayer, back when the P-51 first came out or around that time.

Think it was version 1.2.5 and later that 32 bit support was dropped.

Edit: Found this from Wags last September, post #3.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114584

Oh, that is too bad. :cry: So, I am kind of lucky that the Sabre works in single player, then. I am glad you alerted me to this. I was going to get another add-on, but I shouldn't push my luck, in case it does not work on my computer. Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

You've got a system that will run a 64bit OS, just that and a slight memory upgrade will get you there. Just food for thought that you don't need a full blown PC upgrade.

I think, but might be wrong, that if you have a retail 32 bit Vista license, not an OEM one, that you can use it to install the 64 bit OS.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

You've got a system that will run a 64bit OS, just that and a slight memory upgrade will get you there. Just food for thought that you don't need a full blown PC upgrade.

I think, but might be wrong, that if you have a retail 32 bit Vista license, not an OEM one, that you can use it to install the 64 bit OS.

I am pretty sure that I have an OEM edition, so I don't think I can just upgrade. I have a laptop with 64 bit Windows 7, but DCS runs like a slide show on it. I am not going to spend money on a new OS or anything. I will just wait a couple of years. I hope that Edge will have laptops in mind and allow me to use my laptop or that there will be 32 bit OS support.

Even though I can currently play with the DCS Sabre in single player, I can't really buy any additional add-ons, now. I am afraid that Edge will make even single player out of the question. I will just wait and see. If I get rationed out of the DCS market for a few years, I will save up the money I would have spent on DCS add-ons and other flight sim add-ons, then, in a couple of years, use that money to purchase a better gaming pc. :thumbup: