Black Shark 2 update problem

Adamski

Hello folks - it's been a LONG time since I've visited this forum!

First-time install of DCS World went smoothly. My non-steam A-10C went in OK and I appear to have a flyable Su-35 and Mustang. All good so far ...

... however ... my Ka-50 (BS2) refuses to install into DCS world. I keep getting an invalid key error.

I bought the original BS1 then upgraded to BS2 (both non-Steam). The FAQ says I have to re-run the installer. But *which* installer? I removed the old/redundant BS1 folder, running BS2 quite happily from it's own/new folder. No "installer" there, that I can see.

Please don't tell me that I need to re-installl both original and upgrade from scratch - I don't think I have room on my HD! Is there any other way I can generate a new activation key?

TIA,

Adamski.

If you purchased the Black Shark 2 Upgrade, then you do need to have BS1 installed and activated in order to install and activate BS2. Once BS2 is activated, you can remove BS1 with no adverse affects, other than having to reinstall it if you need to reinstall BS2.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you purchased the Black Shark 2 Upgrade, then you do need to have BS1 installed and activated in order to install and activate BS2. Once BS2 is activated, you can remove BS1 with no adverse affects, other than having to reinstall it if you need to reinstall BS2.

Arrrrgh! That's what I was hoping to avoid - as I have no more space on that HD, since I removed BS1 to make room for DCS World, LOL!

I've since added another HD and will reinstall BS1 and BS2 on that. Let's hope the DCS World doesn't mind some modules being on one drive and some on another.

Thanks!

Adam(ski).

OK - I give up!!!

I re-installed BS1. When run in standalone mode, it didn't ask for activation - presumably because my registry still has that info somewhere <?>.

When running from DCS world, it won't accept the info that comes up.

HELP!

Adam.