[REPORTED]3d Model Rad Flaps [0027498]

IvanK

Yes agreed, also the comparison on the right shows that the gun cowling is too wide like you have mentioned before.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

According to this http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/fw190d9test.html

it looks like the maximum deflection angle for radiator flaps was 20deg. I have made an approximative measurement on a sceenshot and currently the angle is about 15deg. But it is visually obvious anyway in IvanK's image. This should be pretty simple to fix...

... but after they will fix this, I will go ahead and add that there are no metal strips connecting the actuated flaps with the non-actuated ones. Then I will add there are actually no actuating rods visible inside of the flaps ... :D

Minor point but I don't think the Radiator flaps open enough. Here DCS D9 with Flaps full open v the real D9

Yes you have right, the flaps are not enough open, maybe will be fix for the nest patch.

I noticed this as well.

On a side note, I am pretty impressed by how well the community is supporting this module with valuable feedback. Let's hope the devs are equally supportive. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

[bug] Radiator housing is to thin

The housing has no curve where the real Dora the housing is a bit thicker and arcs.

2014_08_13_00006.jpg

Real radiator housing

CpYrWoj.jpg

UUxbo7M.jpg

C7D2IpH.jpg

LxNy9E4.jpg

ghgzdF4.jpg

G764yRD.jpg

C9ctfAC.jpg

You can see in these photos that the line is not straight and the radiator housing should be thicker and arced instead of almost in straight line with fuselage.

g8PjVMw.png

Somewhere was mentioned (can't find the thread atm, sry) that this is due to the fact that the radiator flaps are not completely closed by default. In the first screenshot there seem to be a thin shadow at the open end of the flaps - which would support that idea.

Not just too thin but the radiator housing is also shaped slightly different.That and the engine cover itself needs to taper a bit more where it meets the radiator flaps,the bottom more than the top.

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Agreed, radiator flaps are a little open on the first screenshot (with engine running).

You may try with engine off, the flaps close more then. Not sure they close enough (re: photos) but they definitely close more (and you get a little arc, then).

Edited by Azrayen
typo

spacer.png