what cockpit?

Tricky11

Hiya all. I have just come into a bit of money and i am now looking to buy myself a cockpit. The thing is i need it for both flying and racing. I got set myself a limit of about £1000 to spend on the cockpit only. So what do you guys recommend??

save your money, dont spend anything now until the oculus rift consumer version comes out, it will be a year wait from now, but its worth it, also computer hardware performance will double by then with nvidia pascal and intel haswell-e.

but it doesnt hurt getting controls like the saitek x52/x55, or the logitech g27 racing wheel at this moment..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

save your money, dont spend anything now until the oculus rift consumer version comes out, it will be a year wait from now, but its worth it, also computer hardware performance will double by then with nvidia pascal and intel haswell-e.

but it doesnt hurt getting controls like the saitek x52/x55, or the logitech g27 racing wheel at this moment..

Cheers For that but i should of explained better. I already have a Thrustmaster Warthog and the Thrustmaster t500rs wheel. I am ordering the Rift DK2 next week to try out.. This £1000 is set aside for just the cockpit....

Careful with that "year wait" statement... As we have seen here (and as I have witnessed countless times in my life) stated deadlines are seldom met..

I am certainly not changing any plans I have based on anyone's stated production dates... I trust no one's delivery dates until I have the product in-hand..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I have and am very happy with the Obutto R3volution. There is also the older Obutto Ozone you could consider.

Their European distributor is http://www.obutto.eu, and the main website is http://www.obutto.com.

MinipitA10C.JPG

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Yeah seen that cockpit but the postage to the uk is crazy.

I can imagine. Shipping within the US wasn't too good either.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No, shipping wasn't cheap for me either... something of this bulk and weight, I don't think you can get away from it unless you're lucky enough to live within driving distance of the distributor.

By the way, my stick rotation was done by modifying the handle as seen in this thread:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3170541/Instructions_on_how_to_mod_you.html

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I have and am very happy with the Obutto R3volution. There is also the older Obutto Ozone you could consider.

Their European distributor is http://www.obutto.eu, and the main website is http://www.obutto.com.

MinipitA10C.JPG

Yeah i think its a toss up between the obutto, Omega GT Pro or Next level Racings GT Ultimate..

By the way what Keyboard is that you got there? My old g15 is giving up the ghost and i have been looking for a keyboard with green back lighting to match my stick

For a green backlight, I would get the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Ed, which that may well be.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Ultimate-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00IG3GPTS

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah that's it, the Blackwidow. I keep the Logitech solar on that tabletop to use while flying since unfortunately, Razer doesn't make wireless keyboards.

I use the Deathadder as my mouse and it is out of view next to the keyboard. I can still easily use that while flying.

I love using the Blackwidow... I wouldn't be easily swayed to go to a non-mechanical keyboard again. Except for laptops of course, and the iPad mini I'm typing this on. :)

Edited by RogueSqdn
Adding comments

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Agreed. I have the older BW Ultimate (blue backlight) and two Das Keyboards that I love. Of course, I still have a bunch of others but those are my favorite 'clicky' keyboards.

I recomend the Obutto! Been using it for 6 months now and i am very happy with it, very decent quality and very modular and able to adapt to your needs, i also bought a buttkicker 2 , 3 months ago, maybe abit over the top but ads immesrsion!:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Just got an email newsletter from Razer. Looks like there's a new Blackwidow where you can individually set each key's color, called the Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-chroma

${1}

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

The tactile pit as opposed to the holy grail of the Rift is an interesting debate.

On the one hand you have 3D visuals with no real visual connection to the real world controls.

The other hand has the real world pit with switches MFDs for you to physically feel.

Who knows... but it will come down to personal preference IMHO.

Good luck Nescafe. But I suggest you have a good look at all the excellent work in the Home Cockpit section....and ask Wardie to have a go with his Oculus Rift before spending your money.

Good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

I actually agree with you Trubshaw. I'm less and less inclined to build stuff and just get a Rift. However, he'll still need ergonomic seating and control placement.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

The tactile pit as opposed to the holy grail of the Rift is an interesting debate.

On the one hand you have 3D visuals with no real visual connection to the real world controls.

The other hand has the real world pit with switches MFDs for you to physically feel.

Who knows... but it will come down to personal preference IMHO.

Good luck Nescafe. But I suggest you have a good look at all the excellent work in the Home Cockpit section....and ask Wardie to have a go with his Oculus Rift before spending your money.

Good luck

The thing is i spent a lot of time and money building my DIY racing cockpit a few years ago now and to be honest it looked the dogs dangles but its looking tired now and i cant be arsed to build something else so i was looking to cheat and just buy a frame lol

Another option for best of both would be CastAR which uses augmented reality vs virtual reality.

Basically you see an image on any surface that had a special material laid over it eg tabletop or for cockpit builders the canopy.

Using CastAR you will see the virtual world in the canopy and see the instruments and controls in the real world.