#07 - DCS: MiG-21 FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

Cobra847

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at high altitudes do we get icing on canopy?, if internal defrost is off.

It use to work, but somewhere along the way, the function broke. Cobra is trying his best to get it working again.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

A flashlight, how cool is that :D

Yes mig-21bis supplies flashlight in cockpit for operations in extremely dark conditions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

It use to work, but somewhere along the way, the function broke. Cobra is trying his best to get it working again.

Did you mean the visual effect or the complete functionality broke?

What about pitot icing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Actually, you buy the flashlight and the MiG-21 comes with it. It is a rather expensive flashlight though.

Be careful with it, too! The warranty only covers the Mig. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Details and details. I dont know its a "feature" of this addon or DCS in total but the pilot in ejection sequence has closed eyes! :]

Screen_140819_205608.jpg

As You can see - veryt detailed 3D model too.

But sun filter must be closed before ejection.

As for instruction, filter must be closed after engine start up, and keep closed all flight.

Oh yes? Is that realy so? I cant remmember that the UVP comunity has one journalist on board

Just take it easy will you. The UVP wrote a review on the mig-21. One popular twitch broadcaster is streaming game play and BeachAV8R is writing for PC Pilot(i think) The list goes on...

Edited by JaNk0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yes? Is that realy so? I cant remmember that the UVP comunity has one journalist on board

Hey man, I'm nobody's attorney! :doh:

If you have a problem, write an email to Leatherneck Simulations and explain it to them. I will not search the forums for you to give you a link where BeachAV8R has nicely explained why he and the rest of the guys got promo copies. I am backer from the day 1 also and I do not intend to rub it at anybody's nose. It is my free will to come to the forums 20 times a day for few years now to check out the news and to be patient.

But now we can at least read reviews of the module and we get tons of screenshots and I'm grateful for that. We could have been kept in the dark.

It has been said many times: people who got promo copies are journalists.

Theyre not journalist. :huh:

A journalist would do a review if anything. And reviewing "Beta" versions is not a good idea. :D

Edited by ericoh

I had asked for the reason not who are the people? For me is it like a bad dream to watch on screenshots witch says... hey look what are u payed for and cant play with. Its only a speculation of my but if the promos are out the module is ready. The only reason why ED hold the relase is that theyre afraid of the sales of sabre and dora when the mig hits. But may i remmember you one thing. We have already payed for it so it will affect nothing.

Edited by koss19

Individuals who have received copies are either single prominent members of foreign communities or squadrons (e.g. French, Czech, Italian, Polish),

Media Outlets (Magazines, YouTube, Streamers, WWW, Tutorials) or individuals closely associated with the development team (e.g. VEAO).

Why is it not in the hands of backers? Because it's not completely done.

A lot of the bugs ironed out in the past two weeks are present in the preview build.

Previewers are made aware of this.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/