Be Careful What You Wish For

Kuky

I have to say the MiG-21Bis is kind of perfect for making full on pit with all the switches, every switch position seems to have its own key assignment... I am very impressed, only problem is, there are lot of switches... just wondering how many USB controllers I would need to get to get all the switches working? :D

No longer active in DCS...

I have to say the MiG-21Bis is kind of perfect for making full on pit with all the switches, every switch position seems to have its own key assignment... I am very impressed, only problem is, there are lot of switches... just wondering how many USB controllers I would need to get to get all the switches working? :D

That's me looking like this:

1369155421_drool.jpg

litteraly... that is..

Earlier this week I was looking at pictures of the MiG and I was actually drooling....:music_whistling:

You'll surely have to buy in bulk to save some $$. :D

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You'll surely have to buy in bulk to save some $$. :D

I am totally thinking about doing just that... the pit of MiG-21 is nothing fancy, it wouldn't be too hard to make up a shape with mostly flat panels... but then I would need probably 15 those LeoBodnar controllers... wire it all up.... oh but then forgot about the switches... so many switches :helpsmilie:

The only "bad" thing making me wary about doing this is because once 1 or 2 more modern fighters come about... the MiG-21 won't have much chance in fighting them... so making pit for it would eventually go to "waste" :noexpression:

But honestly... from short time I saw I am very impressed with this module... and I haven't even gotten to learn to start her up manually... so far I only got to take off, fly a bit around, and land... manage flaps, lights, canopy (and there I jettisoned it once by accident :D)... so much to learn... :book:

I need to make nice print out of the manual and start learning... I feel like back at UNI :D

No longer active in DCS...

I think people need to be realistic about the technological disadvantages the MiG-21 will face on the DCS World battlefield(s). As such, scenario designers should be able to compensate by creating missions that level the playing field. Whether that be by numbers of units, air defense rings from which to fight within, and even systems degradation of blue units (oops, lost that radar! - no BVR for you!). This MiG will probably be good for quick launch, near friendly territory, stay low to use the upward looking radar, fire, and retreat. Sort of like how the NVA did it. It would also perhaps be useful to have some sort of RED AWACS mode that BLUE couldn't have to simulate ground controlled intercepts, since that would very likely be what would be happening. Also, being fielded by a lot of air forces around the world, there exists the possibility of it flying against itself, or other lower grade fighters/bombers.. Mission designers can do this and make it believable - I've seen what they can do!

BeachAV8R

Just wanna know if its worth buying, considering its inferior to the f15. Seriously

Wait a minute. So you won't ever buy a module unless it is the MOST superior in the sky?

:cry:

Better wait for Kinney to come out with that F-35. Oh. Wait.

BeachAV8R

• Like 1

Just wanna know if its worth buying, considering its inferior to the f15. Seriously

If you're looking solely from the point of view that you want the best plane then of course it's inferior to the F-15 and the Mig might not be your cup of tea. But as a simulation of a fighter plane I think it's fair to say that the Mig-21 is going to be a better and more accurate simulation than what we have currently with the F-15. The Mig looks to be a proper A-10C oh god how in the name of Jebus will I ever learn all this stuff type of simulation. So it's whatever takes your fancy really.