Be Careful What You Wish For

Kuky

Just wanna know if its worth buying, considering its inferior to the f15. Seriously

Nope. Not at all. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just wanna know if its worth buying, considering its inferior to the f15. Seriously

By that logic, you would not want any WW2 plane simulations either, or helicopter simulations, or tank simulations or.. I think the point is obvious ;)

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Then who would I fight against? 29, 27?

I certainly wouldnt go hunting for a10s.

the sabre?

Here's some stuff for you to read, there may be more if you search for it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126543

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126346

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123501

Then who would I fight against? 29, 27?

I certainly wouldnt go hunting for a10s.

the sabre?

Read BeachAV8R's previous post for a good summary of what can be done to even the playing field.

As for specific airframes, implemented in DCS: F-4, F-5E, MiG-23 all represent good opponents. Moreover, MiG-21 vs MiG-21 fights are fair and very realistic (Finnish MiG-21bis vs Soviet ones, for example).

MiG-21 vs Sabre dogfights are great fun, but obviously the -21 has a serious advantage in power (if you make the fight energy based, you win).

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The only "bad" thing making me wary about doing this is because once 1 or 2 more modern fighters come about... the MiG-21 won't have much chance in fighting them... so making pit for it would eventually go to "waste" :noexpression:

Who says you can have only *one* cockpit.. :music_whistling:

Make ALL the cockpits! :D

( Still hoping for just one simpit even, anything really, please? :cry: )

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

But when I fly the huey. I never get shot down by other aircraft...so yeah

Personally, I expect a long period of fun, just flying the aircraft, before I am going to worry about weapons.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Personally, I expect a long period of fun, just flying the aircraft, before I am going to worry about weapons.

Same here. Just gonna fly around in the cloudy sunset with some nice music in the background and just relax. Ahh...Getting goosebumps just thinking about it :pilotfly:

Same here. Just gonna fly around in the cloudy sunset with some nice music in the background and just relax. Ahh...Getting goosebumps just thinking about it :pilotfly:

That is exactly what I have been doing with the Sabre.. Haven't even tried any of the weapons, just love the FEEL..

Very eager to try the Mig-21 and anxiously waiting on the Hawk as well..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

• ED Team
That's all I'm sayin' :music_whistling:

Full on DCS ASM... you sure you want it? :D

THIS

My head hurts :helpsmilie:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That is exactly what I have been doing with the Sabre.. Haven't even tried any of the weapons, just love the FEEL..

Very eager to try the Mig-21 and anxiously waiting on the Hawk as well..

I can't fly anything right now...I fly for a few minutes and then i realize i don't want to fly the Sabre or the F-15 or W/e I want to fly the Mig-21...

And the worst part about waiting is having friends who have the preview version and who keep teasing me >.< . If only time could pass a little faster right now. :noexpression:

Edited by Muppetlord

Anybody considered the array of weapons available for the Mig? You can shurely use it in a ground attack role... as well as it can oppose modern fighters with the right setting and numbers. A one on one might be difficult, but a 4 against 2 or a GCI sneak attack in the mountains? Why not?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

These pictures are getting me more excited. As soon as this comes out, I am picking this up. Great job everyone, hopefully we will see it soon. As for the Mig in the ground attack role, it should do fairly well.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How does this mig 21 fair against the f-15?

I shot down in a multiplayer server 3 F15s, 1 Su27, 1 Su25T, and 1 A10C yesterday with my F86 and no losses for me. So with the Mig21 it'll be easier. :) So I'm sure it'll do just fine if used wisely.

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who says you can have only *one* cockpit.. :music_whistling:

Make ALL the cockpits! :D

( Still hoping for just one simpit even, anything really, please? :cry: )

Why not, just it needs a BIG house :D.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro