Radio navigation

Neon67

It has TACAN (which essentially gives you the functionality of VOR/DME, but with slightly better precision for the bearing), DME (which is part of the TACAN system anyway) and ILS. You can do it all, but not using VOR or NDB beacons.

In the US, I think it is approved to use GPS in lieu of NDBs. If you want to practise NDB navigation, wait for the Nevada map. You can't do it over Georgia, as you'd never break regulations in the virtual world, right? :)

I think you might be able to use VOR, as it's almost the same system as the ILS, if I am not wrong. But need some test.

UHF homing and adf should be working however

Radio and Gps navigation can still be combined also

Have in mind that not all the airports have TACAN antennas installed. Only military airports. So you would have to check the navigation chart to get the frequency and to be sure that there's a TACAN antenna in the airport.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you might be able to use VOR, as it's almost the same system as the ILS, if I am not wrong. But need some test.

UHF homing and adf should be working however

Radio and Gps navigation can still be combined also

No, you can not use VOR in the A-10, it has no receiver for that. By the way VOR is also far from being any similar to ILS. It (sometimes) uses the same instrument in cockpit, that is all.