AWACS and SABRE

Angel101

Hi there, I have problems trying to contac with AWACS in the Sabre. I set (in editor) the same frequency for the AWACS and the radio channel of the sabre... I can hear it moving from waypoints and also calling for contacts but there is no option in my radio menu for AWACS, so I can´t ask for a picture.

Options are set for realistic use of radios.

Any idea? maybe is a bug?

yeah, but a radio channel is a radio channel....the fact that the radio is on a plane that did not exists when the F-86 flew in combat is a mute point...I know not what radios the F-86 has(buying it and the 190 today)...but if it has a VHF or a UHF radio(should have both?), you should get awacs calls on the right channels if an awacs is in the air...BST should consider this..

Edited by Davis0079

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Just assign the AWACS frequency to one of the channels on the AN/ARC-27 using the mission editor. Then using the rotary switch in the F-86 you can tune to this channel and talk to the AWACS plane. At least that is how I do it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

The problem in DCS is, that whatever you say to an AI pilot has to be scripted. How shall the radio know what you are gonna say? You can only select the available options in the comms menu - but if that is not scripted, you "can not speak". :o)

edit:

But you can try this: open the file C:\Games\DCS\Mods\aircrafts\F-86\comm.lua in Notepad++ and scroll down to the very end. Then insert the red line:

return tbl
   end,
   builders = {}
}

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/ATC.lua', getfenv()))(5, {['Airdrome'] = true, ['Helipad'] = true} )
[color=Red]utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/AWACS.lua', getfenv()))(7, {tanker = false, radar = false})[/color]
utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/Ground Crew.lua', getfenv()))(8)

That should give you the corresponding F7 menu entry.

DISCLAIMER: I have NOT tested this, yet. Also apply the usual safety precautions for altering DCS files. Use at your own risk! :o)

Edited by Flagrum

Just assign the AWACS frequency to one of the channels on the AN/ARC-27 using the mission editor. Then using the rotary switch in the F-86 you can tune to this channel and talk to the AWACS plane. At least that is how I do it...

Yes I do that, but using the comms menu or microphone switch, AWACs doesn´t appear in the menu for talk with him, but I can hear him, so I´m in the same frequency 100% sure.

EDIT: I only have this options.

Screen_140816_133959.jpg

And at the same time I can hear a BRA call from AWACs.

Edited by Angel101

You are right guys... No option in the menu. My bad!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

yeah, but a radio channel is a radio channel....the fact that the radio is on a plane that did not exists when the F-86 flew in combat is a mute point...I know not what radios the F-86 has(buying it and the 190 today)...but if it has a VHF or a UHF radio(should have both?), you should get awacs calls on the right channels if an awacs is in the air...BST should consider this..

Makes sense to me. I can use my NVGs in my P-51, after all.

Is there a way to get other options added to the radio menu? I'm using a trigger to add a radio button to the menu but it doesn't appear in the radio menu of the F-86. I'm assuming its similar to the process outlined in this thread.

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

Nevermind. I answered my own question. you want to add

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/JTAC.lua', getfenv()))(4)

to the comm file.

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

• 4 weeks later...

I have added the line for AWACS and it does appear on the menu but greyed out. Since I have easy communication on I can still navigate the options and ask for picture, but the AWACS (ground radar in this case) does never respond.

Is there some radio frequency stuff I have to set?

I have added the line for AWACS and it does appear on the menu but greyed out. Since I have easy communication on I can still navigate the options and ask for picture, but the AWACS (ground radar in this case) does never respond.

Is there some radio frequency stuff I have to set?

Yes there is an extra tab for it in the mission editor when you select the aircraft. (like ordnance&waypoint tab) There you can set up the frequencys for the different radio channels.

The problem in DCS is, that whatever you say to an AI pilot has to be scripted. How shall the radio know what you are gonna say? You can only select the available options in the comms menu - but if that is not scripted, you "can not speak". :o)

edit:

But you can try this: open the file C:\Games\DCS\Mods\aircrafts\F-86\comm.lua in Notepad++ and scroll down to the very end. Then insert the red line:

return tbl
   end,
   builders = {}
}

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/ATC.lua', getfenv()))(5, {['Airdrome'] = true, ['Helipad'] = true} )
[color=Red]utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/AWACS.lua', getfenv()))(7, {tanker = false, radar = false})[/color]
utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/Ground Crew.lua', getfenv()))(8)

That should give you the corresponding F7 menu entry.

DISCLAIMER: I have NOT tested this, yet. Also apply the usual safety precautions for altering DCS files. Use at your own risk! :o)

... I have a question about this - I'd like to put GCI into some of my scenarios with 190/p51/f86 etc... however I am unsure if your suggestion will work in a MP environment? Would all clients have to modify their Lua as prescribed above or is the "fix" bundled with a MP mission when i compile it upon hitting save?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL