MiG-21Bis Hanger Talk

xxJohnxx

Hi,

While waiting for release, I thought I would make a small video talking a bit about the MiG-21Bis, the aircraft, some of the systems and stuff like that.

As the MiG-21Bis hasn't been released, you obviously see any cockpit footage, and I am using the AI MiG-21Bis to point out some things on the exterior 3D model.

Please leave your comments, and tell me if you find such videos intresting!

Best regards,

John

Edited by xxJohnxx
  • Like 4

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

No, there isn't. It is a closed, limited system.

For example if you retract the gear, compressed air is used to brake the tires.

Once the gear is fully retracted you will put the gear hanlde into a neutral position, which stops compressed air to be further consumed. If you don't do this, you will be in for a bit of a funny suprise when landing.

Neither will you be able to fire the drag chute. It uses compressed air to deploy as well.

There is an emergency braking system though.

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Thank You...very nice video. All these little details like braking system or elevators...it will come in handy. I was surprised by that adjustable cone. I didn´t know that.

It would be great to see another similar video. From cockpit, by any chance? :) I´m sure, for many people, this video makes the waiting easier. :thumbup:

It would be great to see another similar video. From cockpit, by any chance? :) I´m sure, for many people, this video makes the waiting easier. :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback!

Well, I can't do a video from the cockpit, because I don't have the MiG yet. I am waiting as eager for release as you are! :)

The plane in the video is just the AI MiG-21Bis that the latest DCS World version has included.

Yeah..I was surprised that the pneumatic system wasn't an accumulator type of bottle or something that constantly recharged via a pump of some type.

BeachAV8R

Seems weird that in the 30 years between the first production version of the MiG-21 and the MiG-21Bis nobody addressed it. Maybe they didn't think it was a problem with decently well trained pilots and short mission times?

No, 1300km/h. However, I think that is indicated. Therfore, at higher altitude it will be 2.05Mach.

At 11.000meters that equals 2230km/h groundspeed.

Edited by xxJohnxx

Thanks for the feedback!

Well, I can't do a video from the cockpit, because I don't have the MiG yet. I am waiting as eager for release as you are! :)

The plane in the video is just the AI MiG-21Bis that the latest DCS World version has included.

Thank You anyway.:thumbup:

Seems weird that in the 30 years between the first production version of the MiG-21 and the MiG-21Bis nobody addressed it. Maybe they didn't think it was a problem with decently well trained pilots and short mission times?

The Fishbed's development has a couple of issues like that, actually. Probably why the bis was selected for the module; it's the most sophisticated Fishbed short of the -93, -2000, and the LanceRs.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

As an American, I have no idea what a kilogram or Km/H is :D

(Only Lbs & mph for me)

Horrible propaganda disseminated by those evil Europeans! Next thing they'll be telling is that the world isn't flat! :pilotfly:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

England must be a mutt mixed with Imperialism and Metricism :D

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

• ED Team
Horrible propaganda disseminated by those evil Europeans! Next thing they'll be telling is that the world isn't flat! :pilotfly:

I'm sorry to inform you but...world is not flat.:D

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro