Hawker Hunter Stripped for move to Canada

Winfield_Gold

An Aircraft based out of Rockhampton Australia which rarely leaves it's hanger was sold and began it's move to Canada on Thursday. One of our plane spotters was on hand to capture the efforts. I sold the ratchet straps and lifting gear to the members who had purchased the aircraft. One was a French National and the other a Canadian National. If I had known about this aircraft earlier I could have gotten some close ups and cockpit photos if a developer was keen to bring this aircraft to DCS.

Hawkerc_zpsa687ec0c.jpg

Hawkerb_zpsc201ea9b.jpg

IMG_0039_zps3ba29cb8.jpg

IMG_0042_zpsac3361da.jpg

IMG_0036_zps5aaf52f1.jpg

IMG_0046_zps25e40b22.jpg

IMG_0065_zps73bfc638.jpg

P7310331_zps689e2ac8.jpg

P7310330_zpsa1217e67.jpg

P7310343_zps15e85ccc.jpg

It almost looks like the Hunter will get scraped! Good to know it just will be moved to have a better live! :)

We have a guy in the vicinity that has his own Hunter. Always nice to see people keeping such old birds flying.

Thank you for sharing!

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

It almost looks like the Hunter will get scraped! Good to know it just will be moved to have a better live! :)

We have a guy in the vicinity that has his own Hunter. Always nice to see people keeping such old birds flying.

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for your comment John, I was informed that it will be "taking up greener pastures in canada" Not sure if it was airworthy before it was stripped but the 2 guys responsible wore shirts from this company for those interested

http://www.lortieaviation.com/