New to A-10 A need some guidance.

helljumper

hello

after 3 days of training on the SU-25 i finally got the A-10 A. i figured out a number of things in it but i still have some issue and i need some help in this regard. most of my queries were answered in the steam community topic but i need more issues to resolve.

how do you gain height with this thing? with full throttel and level flight i can make around the speed of 300 (i dont know what is the measurement here) as a result of this i find it very hard to gain enough height in this thing which makes it difficult to make attack runs. i will explain it with 2 examples.

1. Campaign, you take off, flap up, gear up and then you need to turn around to head towards the town to engage the tanks. i cant get more than a height of 2K in this thing before i am in the combat zone and i need to start engagin the target. any guess what i am doing wrong?? also for some reasn the nose keeps on going towards the ground even with the speed of above 250.

2. instant action: their is a single mission where you need to provide CAS to friendly ground unis. same stuff, speed in around 270 and height is around 2K. i just cant get this thing high enough to dive and stuff on the enemy. i take out the AA in the enemy group with my maverick but then due to height issues i have to be very close to them to even engage as a result of which enemy BMPS just rip me apart..

i am using a controller stick and keyboard. so any tips? guidance on how to get this thing up high and have good speed??

Performance is heavily dependent on weight and drag. You don't need to takeoff with 100% fuel for every mission. Try changing your fuel load to a lower amount and avoid bringing in the maximum number of weapons if you're going to be diving and climbing a lot.

Know that the A-10 is simply slower than the Su-25 though, so don't expect to fly like the Su even if you're empty.

The speed units is in knots by the way.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Firstly you'll want to be taking out those bmps or any vehicles that pose the most threat to you at range with the mavericks. At whatever altitude you're at you'll want to fire them while level anyway. You'll be lighter after having fired them as well. As far as the nose pitching down, you'll have to use trim (nose up) to negate that. Also you don't have to fly right into the target area if you would like to get to a specific altitude first. The unit for speed in US jets is knots.

okay. but in instant action and campaign i dont think i can change any of it.

You can change Fuel and loadout before you hit the Fly Button in the Mission Planner.

For using the gun or dive bombs I usally climb by flying a bit around outside the Target Zone. When you reach 8000 feet, you can do diving attacks. You'll be fast enough to pull up and use that speed to get back on your 8000 very fast. Just don't dive to low, or they will shoot you down anyway.

BMP's and other Ground targets are very dangerous in DCS. They hit you pretty fast. Just don't get to close.

Edited by Comes

You can change Fuel and loadout before you hit the Fly Button in the Mission Planner.

For using the gun or dive bombs I usally climb by flying a bit around outside the Target Zone. When you reach 8000 feet, you can do diving attacks. You'll be fast enough to pull up and use that speed to get back on your 8000 very fast. Just don't dive to low, or they will shoot you down anyway.

BMP's and other Ground targets are very dangerous in DCS. They hit you pretty fast. Just don't get to close.

will try that thanks.

with regards to the A's speed you can most definitely go under 200kts. for me i land it at around ~120-130kts so it can definitely fly under 200 but what i find for the the best climb if i need to get up high is full throttle and 10-15deg nose up.

and with the mavericks load up 6 before you take off by pressing Left Alt & '

You can land anywhere once. :thumbup:

the Hornet, is indeed in progress... it really does exist!