F-86F Sabre Skins - Combined Threads

drPhibes

Not stupid, see what it says on the download 5x5, if its freeware then you probably can but generally anything that is released as a template is available for everyone to use. What you are looking for is this:

License: Freeware - Free version, Unlimited distribution

A good rule of thumb is if in doubt pm the owner and ask him/her for permission to use their work, most folks on here are great about that.

Anything I put out is free to do with what you will

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not stupid, see what it says on the download 5x5, if its freeware then you probably can but generally anything that is released as a template is available for everyone to use. What you are looking for is this:

License: Freeware - Free version, Unlimited distribution

A good rule of thumb is if in doubt pm the owner and ask him/her for permission to use their work, most folks on here are great about that.

Anything I put out is free to do with what you will

Thanks for the info crazyeddie. Just trying to get my bearings. I've only recently returned to simming after a long hiatus (circa 2003) and it'd be a shame to leave the old skins I did in warthunder to rot. Being able to use a template for now will help a lot to port them speedily.

Quick WIP as I try to figure out the area around the canopy struts.

NbXRvOc.jpg

Edited by Fivebyfive

Tnx joker. I don't really mind :). Great work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

That's coming on very nicely Fivebyfive :thumbup: another 51st Fighter Wing F-86,love it.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Wow,excellent Fivebyfive,another 51st FW F-86f,and very welcome IMO,along with Bo's skins theyre all going to look great together,thanks for sharing buddy :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Wow,excellent Fivebyfive,another 51st FW F-86f,and very welcome IMO,along with Bo's skins theyre all going to look great together,thanks for sharing buddy :thumbup:

Hey Basco1, I tried to reply to your message a couple of times but I'm getting an error. You are right about the little details and I should have a re-upload in a matter of hours,cheers.

P.S

I have found two versions of the plane. One has the pilot's name instead of a decal on the canopy strut. any info of its authenticity?

f86e_fatherdan-3.jpg

Also, I have some other skins that I could port fairly easily over the weekend but they come from the F86-A5 model. Not the most historical to stick them on an F30 but the livelier skins seem to come from the earlier-mid phases of the conflict when it was all "A5"s and "E"s.

PNlMPMt.jpg

HErEzWe.jpg

sUXp066.jpg

Although I can't do the "coat of grey paint", "polished chrome" effects in DCS F86 since I don't know how specmaps work here (it was a separate file in warthunder).

PM sent mate :thumbup:

Awesome !............:thumbup:

IDF Sabres

By request, a fictional skin pack of Israeli Sabres, representing 105 "Scorpion", 109 "Valley", and 116 "Defenders of the South" squadrons of the Israel Defence Forces.

Canada was to have provided 24 Sabre Mk.6 aircraft to Israel, but the export license was revoked by the Canadian government due to the 1956 Suez Crisis.

Eight of the Israeli order were in various states of assembly when the order was cancelled, and had been allocated the IDF serials 6030-6037.

Available for download here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/828435/

IDFMk6_zpsbab35c9d.jpg~original

IDFMk6_zpsa775299d.jpg~original

dcs2014-09-1116-42-00-56_zps4984bd0d.jpg~original

109 "Valley" Squadron

dcs2014-09-1116-22-15-13_zpsff8b5da1.jpg~original

105 "Scorpion" Squadron

dcs2014-09-1116-32-27-26_zpsebebf278.jpg~original

116 "Defenders of the South" Squadron

Markings and squadron art size and placement based on period photos from Canadair Limited and IDF aircraft of the 1950s.

Edited by jocko417

Hello,

Great repaints guys, I would like to know if this repaint is available to download ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

PNlMPMt.jpg

410 "Cougar" Squadron, RCAF

Canadair Sabre Mk.5 23300 of No. 410 "Cougar" Squadron, 1 Fighter Wing, RCAF Station Marville, circa October, 1956.

In April, 1955, 1 Fighter Wing, consisting of No's 410, 439, and 441 squadrons, moved from it's original location in North Luffenham, England to it's new home in Marville, France. Not long after arrival in France, the decision was made to replace one Sabre squadron at each of Canada's four NATO fighter bases with an all-Weather CF-100 interceptor squadron. It was decided to stand down the lowest numbered squadron at each fighter Wing, so 410 squadron left Marville and was replaced by 445 "Wolverine" squadron, flying the CF-100 Mk.4.

The four Sabre squadrons to leave NATO, No's 410, 413, 414, and 416, all returned to Canada and converted to the all-weather interceptor role for NORAD, flying CF-100s.

The aircraft depicted, 23300, is a rare one as it is the only camouflaged 410 Sabre seen in photos to sport the squadron's 'chevron' tail art, which was used extensively on the earlier Sabre Mk.2s flown from North Luffenham. 410 was stood down about the time the squadron art was being added to the camouflaged Mk.5s. It is unknown if any other 410 Sabres had the tail art applied.

Note - Bare metal drop tank texture is intentional, based on period photo. Officially, the drop tanks were to be painted with the top half in Extra Dark Sea Grey and the underside in PRU Blue to match the camo scheme, but there are many examples of all-over PRU Blue, as well as natural metal.

410-93_zpsf4e54fcf.jpg~original

dcs2014-09-0919-08-28-34_zps743e0ef8.jpg~original

dcs2014-09-0919-22-33-31_zpsf53355f1.jpg~original

dcs2014-09-0919-20-58-26_zps3a9c3c4c.jpg~original

Available for download here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/828475/

Edited by jocko417
  • Like 1

jocko417 u are my man :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

@ assafm25 and SchniX, you're welcome, was fun researching a little known fact about Canadian Sabres :)

@ headtraumaza, check the thread for some nice Korean war SAAF Sabre skins, I've always been a fan of the SAAF camo, maybe I'll give it a try if the mapping around the control surfaces doesn't kill me first :)

Okay I'm back. I've been a little preoccupied with my latest release "HELL-ER BUST X".

I thought the biggest challenge would be to get the shark? Tiger? mouth to align. Boy was I wrong! That was relatively simple! Getting the stripes to align over the canopy frame? Now that was an absolute b*****d!

NMF has been tinkered with again and I have to say I think it looks relatively okay now, but I am not going to say I'm leaving it at that because we all now I can't back that up!

Anyway it is going to be up before tomorrow at http://www.lockonfiles.com and DCS used files. I am also hoping to re-upload my previous release with the new NMF before Monday.

I also would like to welcome "FiveByFive" who is submitting some nice stuff......even if he did beat me to the Shark? Tiger mouth!!! (Which is it by the way, anyone know....I want to say Tiger).

Image1_zps0f0fe253.jpg

Image2_zpse90fb78b.jpg

Image3_zps3298fa68.jpg

Image4_zps9dfb97b0.jpg

Okay I'm back. I've been a little preoccupied with my latest release "HELL-ER BUST X".

I thought the biggest challenge would be to get the shark? Tiger? mouth to align. Boy was I wrong! That was relatively simple! Getting the stripes to align over the canopy frame? Now that was an absolute b*****d!

NMF has been tinkered with again and I have to say I think it looks relatively okay now, but I am not going to say I'm leaving it at that because we all now I can't back that up!

Anyway it is going to be up before tomorrow at http://www.lockonfiles.com and DCS used files. I am also hoping to re-upload my previous release with the new NMF before Monday.

I also would like to welcome "FiveByFive" who is submitting some nice stuff......even if he did beat me to the Shark? Tiger mouth!!! (Which is it by the way, anyone know....I want to say Tiger).

Really fantastic skin and my alltime Sabre livery, although I'll probably have to scrap my own WIP now :)

I was working on porting the old Warthunder decals as a follow up to "Father Dan" since the shark mouth and stripes were figured out on the new DCS template (I used your excellent template BTW).

Strangely enough. I found the shark mouth alignment to be way worse than the stripes. Getting the perspective of the front part was living hell.

By the way, is there a way to alter the specmap?Maybe I could salvage my skin by doing the modern chromed version but I can't find the file that controls shinyness in DCS. It was a separate one in warthunder. As long as you're ok with it.

So if you don't mind I'll do the chromed version like this:

20120304%20D-M_1117%20F-86E%20NX1F%20Hell%20er%20Bust%20left%20rear%20landing%20m.jpg

I just need to find where the specmap is stored and I can release it fairly easily if I can make it look like this

MkuuINX.jpg

2kW4g2k.jpg

Hello,

Great repaints guys, I would like to know if this repaint is available to download ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

PNlMPMt.jpg

Skull I could port this one next but I need to find out how to make the skin shiny in DCS. I made this in warthunder back in the day and it used a different system for specular. It had two separate files in the same folder but I can't find something like this here.

Anyone with more experience who could give me a few tips? I'd be eternally grateful.

Hello there "FivebyFive". Of course I have no problems with what you want to release. It appears we both arrived at the shark mouthed 51st skins together.

I had little problem with the mouth as I had just done "Beauteous Butch II" prior to it so had learned the layout. It was the stripe sections that caused me to nearly lose the plot!!!

With regards to the spec layer? You essentially create your own for each skin and then guide the game to it all through the .lua (Description file),but then you probably know all this from your WarThunder skins? My experience was in "IL2:46" and there was no spec layer so this has been a learning experience for me.

Here's a link to the forum article that I used to learn the procedure. VERY useful. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88855 the tutorial is the 4th entry down.

The "model viewer" is another invaluable tool if you haven't already discovered it. I think its an absolutely brilliant piece of kit.

When you refer to my "Template" I assume you mean the skins I have uploaded? I haven't released a template as yet. I'm waiting on the official one to arrive.

Feel free to use my skin as a guide for the tail checks. As you will see there is a "dead zone" that separates the rudder from the tail so the checks need to be tailored to it.

Not sure which I'm doing next. I have had a couple of requests which I'm considering at the moment.

Feel free to PM me for any help/info.

Bo

Edited by BoNidle

Hello there "FivebyFive". Of course I have no problems with what you want to release. It appears we both arrived at the shark mouthed 51st skins together.

I had little problem with the mouth as I had just done "Beauteous Butch II" prior to it so had learned the layout. It was the stripe sections that caused me to nearly lose the plot!!!

With regards to the spec layer? You essentially create your own for each skin and then guide the game to it all through the .lua (Description file),but then you probably know all this from your WarThunder skins? My experience was in "IL2:46" and there was no spec layer so this has been a learning experience for me.

Here's a link to the forum article that I used to learn the procedure. VERY useful. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88855 the tutorial is the 4th entry down.

The "model viewer" is another invaluable tool if you haven't already discovered it. I think its an absolutely brilliant piece of kit.

When you refer to my "Template" I assume you mean the skins I have uploaded? I haven't released a template as yet. I'm waiting on the official one to arrive.

Feel free to use my skin as a guide for the tail checks. As you will see there is a "dead zone" that separates the rudder from the tail so the checks need to be tailored to it.

Not sure which I'm doing next. I have had a couple of requests which I'm considering at the moment.

Feel free to PM me for any help/info.

Bo

The specmap in warthunder was really simple. There was a "skin_C" PDS file with the actual skin and a "skin_N" PDS with the specmap. You exported both as BMPs in the same folder and that was it. The shark mouth was also easier to do with the WT template as it was all-in-one but the stripes, those were even worse than in DCS with lots of little bits here and there that made little sense until you made a guide layer blindly at first.

As for the template, I remember downloading something named "generic F86" I think. It was by you. And yes, I would never venture to make another skin without the model viewer :)

Thanks for the tutorial link btw.I'll be sure to read up.

And by the way, I still haven't flown the F86 online. If you guys have some "Korea server" or something where you hang out let me know.

cheers

Excellent skin there Bo,in fact both of you guys have come up with nice skins,Fivebyfive's 'Father Dan' is a beauty,hats off to you both,if I can help either of you with picture references please shout,it's the least I can do to help you out.