F-86F Sabre Skins - Combined Threads

drPhibes

My skins are ready for DL, hope you like !!

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/793683/

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't make the Skins, just pointing out the colors for country, probably are too bright.

here's one original;

attachment.php?attachmentid=103805&stc=1&d=1409467779

I used the RNoAF roundel from wikipedia. I checked the color against the correct blue (pantone 281 U), and they are almost identical. There is a slight difference, but it isn't visible in DCS. If the blue is too bright, it's due to enviromental variables (lighting etc.) in DCS.

Bo,your 'MIG MAD MARINE' skin looks absolutely first class mate,can't wait to try this beauty out :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Nice Job on this skin BoNidle, but maybe that wing roundel is a bit crooked ? maybe not, but nice skin anyway.

I think you'll find,thats spot on where it should be Strut,it runs parallel across the wing,not in line with the shape of the wing.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I think you'll find,thats spot on where it should be Strut,it runs parallel across the wing,not in line with the shape of the wing.

Yes your right Basco1, it was my "eagle eye" acting out of sorts, but the skin is sure pretty.

Regards

DL available skins here:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

4 Aust Sabre Skins. These are complete, im just getting them loaded to DCS now, may take a day or so, the skins are all my work, except the camouflage model that was first made by nhenley85 Nuck. However i did the Aussie work on that skin in my version, i also gave it an Aussie accent.....:music_whistling: Thanks Nuck for your great cam job and giving me the ability for an Australian version. Hope you like them.

Outstanding work Strut. Love your work and thank you so much for the share. Much appreciated.

Uploaded now to lockonfiles.com and DCS User files (Latter seems to take a lot longer to make them available for some reason).

I rechecked and rechecked my sources Strut and the wing insignia appears correct. But I welcome a second opinion as others catch mistakes I may have overlooked.

I'm now starting on the next one. I think I will leave the NM finish alone for now.

Image2_zpsf3a5eba8.jpg

Jeez Bo,.....that metal finish is bloomimg marvelous mate,thank you very much for this :thumbup:

First of all, thanks skatezilla for the awesome job on the Template.

Amazing job.

Here's a danish skin I'm working on.. Damn the tailstriping got me sweaty.

I could use some advice on what to do in order to get the default DCS numbers on it? Right now there is nothing.

dcs%202014-09-03%2022-06-35-29.jpg

dcs%202014-09-03%2022-09-22-66.jpg

Edited by <Grizzly>

My final contribution to the F86 skins, having spent a lot of my life on and around carrier aircraft I just had to do these, a small collection of FJ-2's.

If you wish to change them please do, bmp files included. A couple of these skins were released earlier, this update improves on them.

I now leave the deck clear for the real expert skinners out there, some of the recent releases are exceptional, a joy to behold even !!! :thumbup:

VMF333.thumb.jpg.32f47cd45648e71893f6b48396f874a1.jpg

VF33.thumb.jpg.26b5acdec88c06ebccb790eab9a4ee27.jpg

VF191.thumb.jpg.8389bf1cd781061e062051078c30c0df.jpg

Reserve.thumb.jpg.2d108088bf3fa7ec70cf767e80d50524.jpg

VMF334.thumb.jpg.b7d12bc31c22230cf755b6a6b5c5e4f7.jpg

Love your work CrazyEddie, thanks to you and the other guys for great skins, only can add to the sim, great work all. Its a thankless task most of the time especially in the forums, so i thank you all for your great efforts, i was just looking at my skins at DCS and my skins have been downloaded nearly 50 times since they went up for public consumption yesterday, and not one bloody thanks amongst them, (not that im really into self gratitude, its just that when i was brought up you said things like thanks etc etc). Anyway great work guys and thanks to those that have acknowledged us.

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was just looking at Mig Mad Marine writing thinking this was a photo then noticed the lights were on the wing tips and thought "strange for him to have his lights on over Korea" and then I realize it a screen shot not a photo... heheh great work

Thanks. :thumbup:

Yes the lights are on. Its because the nav light switch is mapped to a switch on my throttle not the key board and my HOTAS setup is not connected at the moment. I spend more time skinning than flying when I get the bug.:smilewink:

nice skins but be careful guys

if bst changes the next-patch-model (current is beta) and changes the uvw maps too then you will need to remake skin files (repositioning parts on the texture map)

not sure, just be prepared (until the official template will be released)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

nice skins but be careful guys

if bst changes the next-patch-model (current is beta) and changes the uvw maps too then you will need to remake skin files (repositioning parts on the texture map)

not sure, just be prepared (until the official template will be released)

We knew the risks Vampire ... but the skin bug got us early and we is all doomed ... :doh:

If I had to I would happily do my favourites again, I get as much fun from that as I do flying my computer sometimes. :blush: (I'm joking - honest I am !!)

Cheers Mate! :)

You're quite right, we're probably all doomed to redo these skins and don't think a little voice in my head hasn't warned me more than once. All the same, it's addictive, and so much fun to see all these reference photos come to life in the game!

I'd really like to see this scheme done if anyone would like to take on the challenge.

84.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_C._McConnell

I think if you'll have ask Bo_Nidle nicely,the man is a genius with 51st F-86 skins.

I think if you'll have ask Bo_Nidle nicely,the man is a genius with 51st F-86 skins.

"Genius" may be overstating a bit but thanks. If memory serves this was one of McConnells Sabres? It's on my to do list so I'll see what I can do.

With regards to potential changes in the Sabre model? As has been said I think we are all aware of the potential pitfalls but it is serving as a good learning experience for creating liveries for DCS which differs considerably from my experience in skinning for "IL2:46".

Plus it passes the time creatively.:thumbup: