Please give some help for a returned player.

PLAAF

Please give some help for a returned player.

Due to real life issue, it has been a few years since I have play DCS. And now I found many thing have changed since my day. So I was wonder if anyone would be so kind to show me how to play and help me with a few issues.

1: Firstly is the Su-27's ECM. No matter how many times I press E, the light is never on. Do I still have control for it or is it automatically nowadays?

2: Also speak of the lights, I remember back in the very original lock on, it had an manual that tell you everything you needed to know about those indicator lights in a plane. But now days, we don't know which one indicate what? Does anyone have a picture that tells us about those lights?

3: The biggest thing is the free P-51 you are getting. However the only piston engine flying experience I have is from the IL-2 games. But obviously this game is much more realistic. There are so many buttons that need mapping that I have no idea what are they for. Can anyone teach me, please? :)

Thanks in advance. :)

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

For the FC3 manual try here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\Doc

Likewise for the P-51. They should both keep you busy for a while!

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Thanks for the help, guys.

But those doesn't actually answer my questions.

I just want to know the meaning of each individual warming lights and indicator lights. But in that manual, it only tells me that is an light panel.

qLjvyQ3.png

1) ECM operation is still manual, but it takes a little time to turn on, so that may be it. Also, maybe the ECM light is missing/buggy, I am not sure (don't really fly the -27)

3) There are actually very few keys to map, as 95% of the aircraft operation is done by clicking with the mouse. Are there tutorials with the free version? I remember the turorials for the -51D were pretty good.

1: Firstly is the Su-27's ECM. No matter how many times I press E, the light is never on. Do I still have control for it or is it automatically nowadays?

Su27 ECM is on the right panel:

ecm.png

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Check this thread: Warning lights panel. There's more of the info you're looking for above and below the reply I linked to.

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks guys. :D

I see, it is not in the old place anymore. Good to know.

And thanks, Mr Ironhand. Do you have the same thing for other planes??

Sorry, one more thing, where can I download this MiG-21 thing. Everyone are talking about it but I don't see a link to download or buy?

And are there anymore good downloads like MiG-21? Things like MiG-19 or MiG-23 maybe??

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

The lights are not explained in detail because you dont need them in FC3 level ACs.If you search a little there are some threads in the forum where the original Su-27 manual (of the real pilots) gets translated from russian to english (and spain).

There also are some guys that work on an english cockpit mod, they also know the meaning of all lights and buttons.

I also know them because I work on that translation too, so if you ask about specific lights or buttons I can help you. But as said you dont need that at the moment.

Mig-21Bis is currently in development (search in subforum: Third Party Developer) and will be released propaly at the end of 2014.

The warning light thread will lead you to the threads I talked about above. The other russian planes share nearly the same panels and instruments.

Edited by Zabuza

Your right lights are warning lights, the middle top are warning lights too.The middle middle lights lit if left/right afterburner is engaged.

The middle bottom lights lit if left/right engine starts.

The left lights lit if you fly over outer/inner beacons (at landings). And corresponds to the morse code youll here in the real AC and the beep sound then.

• Like 1

Also, can anyone teach me how to land?

I am not trying to be funny. It seems that FC3 is much more realistic than before. I followed the little circle on my HUD, but I still ended up with blowing myself up.

Much appreciated.

qLjvyQ3.png

Also, can anyone teach me how to land?

Which plane? Cy-27?

Could you post a track?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Track?

Which airbase? Aircraft parameters (loadout/fuel)?

Let me know and I'll fly the approach and landing and let you have the track.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks, Viper and Zabuza.

It's OK now. I figured it out. Because after the patch, the flight model is more realistic now, but I was still landing like the old days. My tail ended up on the ground before my wheels. And the landing circle is now positioned in the middle of the run way rather than on the beginning of the run way. So all I had to do was to fly slightly below the guided path and on pitch up a little right before the touch down to reduce my vertical velocity (because the guided path gives you about -5 meters per sec, if you follow it, you will crash).

But still, thanks so much for your kindness and trying to help me. Much appreciated. :)

qLjvyQ3.png