realistic cockpit sound levels.

is there anyway to do this? I"m fooling around with all the sliders and getting zero results. I like a nice quite cockpit with very little engine whine, but playing with all the sliders doesn't do anything it seems.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

whooa, i noticed that, the exactly the same thing the other day, i couldnt turn down cockpit noise, no matter which slider i turned down, the noise was always at the same level...

There sure is a way to get a quiet cockpit. Goto your sounds->effects folder and start with the "plane" sounds. if that does not get the results you are looking for then goto the specific jet type and edit/remove from there.

I too like a quite cockpit and with headphones, the engine sounds were,for me, too much.

where is zzzpace when you need him... LOL

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I installed Archers sound mod, which I thought was nice. However, his 'cockpitsystems.wav' is waaay to loud for me, and also has jet noise thrown into the mix. This sound cannot be lowered without turning all the other sounds off too, and results in a thundery cockpit, which is not realistic IMHO. So I reverted to the original cockpitsystems.ogg, which is smooth and quiet.

I also could not achieve a realistic balance between effects/engine noise and cannon noises heard from inside the plane - ie I don't want to hear loud explosions/engine noise from enemy planes exploding nearby, but I DO want to hear my own cannon, which would vibrate through the whole airframe. So now I have a 'silenced' cannon, from inside the cockpit!

I also reverted to the original 'planewind.ogg' since Archer's wind noise is actually jet noise. It sounds excellent in external view, but then results in that same 'ripping' turbojet noise in cockpit, which is very unrealistic in my opinion.