AoA indication during taxi

spyro23

On all videos published so far I’ve noticed that AoA indicator was showing ~0 deg during taxi which seems odd to me. AoA sensor (DUA-3) is a vane type sensor where vane is freely adjusting itself to the actual airflow. At low speeds (ie. during taxi, beginning of takeoff run etc.) airflow should be too weak to lift vane to 0 deg position ergo indicator shall show some negative AoA.

If you watch this video you will see that during taxi the AoA shown is around -7 deg (starts at 1:4)

Could someone verify whether or not it’s a bug? I’m abroad now and I do not have access to manuals, unfortunately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On all videos published so far I’ve noticed that AoA indicator was showing ~0 deg during taxi which seems odd to me. AoA sensor (DUA-3) is a vane type sensor where vane is freely adjusting itself to the actual airflow. At low speeds (ie. during taxi, beginning of takeoff run etc.) airflow should be too weak to lift vane to 0 deg position ergo indicator shall show some negative AoA.

If you watch this video you will see that during taxi the AoA shown is around -7 deg (starts at 1:4)

Could someone verify whether or not it’s a bug? I’m abroad now and I do not have access to manuals, unfortunately.

During taxi, flap is down and IAS is smaller than 100km/h. At this time, AoA meter is not accurate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

During taxi, flap is down and IAS is smaller than 100km/h. At this time, AoA meter is not accurate.

That is clear to me from the very begining. The question is whether there is a interlock or something that will force the AoA indicator to show 0 deg (or force vane to 0 deg position) during taxi?

Again, pls compare AoA indicator on this video:

and this:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is clear to me from the very begining. The question is whether there is a interlock or something that will force the AoA indicator to show 0 deg (or force vane to 0 deg position) during taxi?

Again, pls compare AoA indicator on this video:

and this:

did you mean taxi or takeoff running?

From LN's video, during taxi, I can see obvious neg AoA (-3 ~ -6), while during TO running, the AoA almost 0

I think it may be due to the difference between real runway and DCS runway model

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |